Wake up to an iPhone 4S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake up to an iPhone 4S

I have to say I'm not all that impressed. After all the hype this is what we get. Hmm to upgrade or wait. What do you think people??

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-33.476884,115.726543
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Files

4s is just the same as the iphone 4 but with very few hardware improvements that will actually improve the user experience as all versions of the iphone from the 3GS up get the new iOS5.

If you want to go apple over android I'd be picking up a cheaper iphone 4 as the only thing you will miss out on will be the iphone assistant 'SIRI', which will most likely be available to ppl who jailbreak anyway.

Comment

Wait.

Comment

I can see siri being the most annoying thing in the world. "would you like fries with that", "ok deleting all contacts" voice doesn't work!!!!!

---

Comment

I was really hoping for an iPhone 5

---

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DteY4.png
Views:	1
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	597140

Comment

Exactly! The samsung galaxy s2 is looking pretty good right now. Or I might get a 12 month plan if they offer them with an iPhone 4S it is a massive upgrade from the 3GS that is for sure.

---
              Last edited by K_I_Z_A; 06-10-11, 08:39 AM.

Comment

It's disappointing. At the time of the iPhone 4's release it had the best hardware on the market. Over the past 5ish months Android handsets have leapt past, matching the screen res and doubling the processor speed.

This 4S does nothing but match the Android handsets already available. In fact, it's marginally worse than some of them.

I'm getting a 4S as I'm getting it for free through wrok, but I wouldn't pay for it myself. I'll wait to see what happens with next year's release before opening my own wallet.

Comment

With Clippy, sorry siri, the circle is now complete. Apple has become the old Microsoft.

Comment

I've been calling Siri "Apple Bob"

Comment

Urban Dictionary: African Apple Bob

?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
                        ahahaha that's probably not far off truth ;P

Comment

Turns out the 4S is fucking shit-hot.

"iPhone 4S stomps Android sets in performance tests. New device destroys competition to become the fastest smartphone in existence.

"Recent benchmark tests have shown that Apple's new phone is not just faster than the iPhone 4, but it tramples all over the competition in the performance stakes.

"Tests conducted by trusted hardware site AnandTech showed the 4S outperforms the iPhone 4 by about 73 percent, and doubles the speed of the super-fast Galaxy S2 - which was previously the fastest smartphone available."

AnandTech - iPhone 4S Preliminary Benchmarks: ~800MHz A5, Slightly Slower GPU than iPad 2, Still Very Fast

Comment

cool. but does it still require itunes to achieve anything?

Comment

Nup. iCloud.

Comment

Working...
                              X