Need Some Tablet Suggestions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Tablet Suggestions Please

Want to buy a tablet for internet, email, and downloading with utorrent any ideas please , money no object oh and a decent battery life ...any help would be appreciated as im leaving darwin in 3weeks after 37yrs in the territory yay
    Last edited by ResLo; 14-12-11, 05:57 PM.

It's going to be very hard to get unbiased advice on this one - it really does come down to personal preference between iOS and Android. I've got an iPad, which I use constantly for nearly everything since getting it 12 months ago. Battery life is around 10 hours (less if I'm gaming - around 8 if I played for 8 hours straight!)

Personally, I can't stand Android (work have given me an Android smartphone, which I find very frustrating compared with iOS).

From what I can see, any Android tablet is going to be pretty much the same as another - so if you're going to compare them, obviously see which brand gives the best battery life.

Also, if you want to wait, iPad 3 is rumoured to be coming out around Feb/Mar.

Comment

Apple for simplicity, Android for customisation.

Apps are much of muchness and from what you've said the uses are to be, Android will be the best cost wise.

Motorola Xoom can be had for $380 odd outright with 32G of storage, then there's the Amazon Fire for $199 from the US.

There really is no wrong answer as your needs are not demanding on a tablets specs.

Have a look around Whirlpool for ideas > http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/144

Comment

Dell have just discontinued all of their Android tablets.

Stay tuned for some Windows 8 tablets from them.

Comment

hah but they'll still be Dell...

Comment

The Asus transformer (eeePad) is a great tablet. The keyboard makes it a bit more viable to properly work on the things.

Comment

I was going to get a fire, but I read so many bad reviews. Wait until 2nd or 3rd gen for them.

I just bought a Samsung galaxy 10.1 tab and have been very pleased with it. The widget make life a lot more easier on a few fronts and I'm able to run multiple apps without any conflicting problems. The sound from the device itself is pretty dam good... And I have no troubles running web pages with flash.

I bought it as an in between device from my iPhone and laptop. I mainly got it as a light business tool, as I don't want to lug around a 15" laptop. I read a lot of scientific articles and flip through a lot of books, and some of these had a lot of crazy ass diagrams... So I also needed the tablet to be able to handle them on the fly while on the train or at a meeting.

---
              I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.761131,-95.366285

Comment

Originally posted by psyave View Post
                I was going to get a fire, but I read so many bad reviews. Wait until 2nd or 3rd gen for them.

I just bought a Samsung galaxy 10.1 tab and have been very pleased with it. The widget make life a lot more easier on a few fronts and I'm able to run multiple apps without any conflicting problems. The sound from the device itself is pretty dam good... And I have no troubles running web pages with flash.

I bought it as an in between device from my iPhone and laptop. I mainly got it as a light business tool, as I don't want to lug around a 15" laptop. I read a lot of scientific articles and flip through a lot of books, and some of these had a lot of crazy ass diagrams... So I also needed the tablet to be able to handle them on the fly while on the train or at a meeting.

---
                I am here: Google Maps
                You science on trains? :o

Comment

Nothing like reading about people getting fcked from some salmonella while traveling at 140kmph.

---
                  I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.759654,-95.368323

Comment

Anyone heard of a good windows Tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by Ritzo90 View Post
                      Anyone heard of a good windows Tablet?
                      *waits for the punchline

Comment

Now? No. I'll consider a switch to a Win 8 tablet at some stage next year, depending on what becomes available.

Comment

It's not actually for me. I agree, but if you had to buy some for business purposes would you say the Samsung Sliding PC 7?

Comment

Don't worry. I convinced the guy to wait till mid next year. Looks like Samsung and Nokia might have something out then thats half ok. The reviews on Windows 7 on a tablet are a bit shakey.

Comment

The Samsung Slate 7 is out now, and plenty of folks are running Win 8 Prerelease on it without issues. It's a better unit than the Asus EP121, but doesn't have anywhere to store the Wacom pen.

You should check them out. Both units are 4GB i5's with 64mb SSD's.

Comment

Working...
                              X