Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HTC Velocity vs Samsung Galaxy S2 4G vs Samsung Nexus (3G)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTC Velocity vs Samsung Galaxy S2 4G vs Samsung Nexus (3G)

After some opinions on the above, im about to upgrade to a new handset and seeing if its worth upgrading to a 4G handset or just picking up the Nexus for another year then going 4G...

I'm upgrading from an Iphone 3GS.. (ugh)

Nexus is running Ice Cream Sandwich and Velocity isn't far off upgrading to it.

I was looking at the same thing too.

The advantage of the nexus is the ICS from what I've heard the Velocity doesn't cut it. I'm leaning towards the S2 4g but still holding off to see what is coming.

Comment

I've just had the Galaxy Nexus to review for the last 2 weeks. I traditionally hate Samsung because of poor quality control, but this phone is amazing. Having said that, I've not had it long enough for it to break so I can't comment on how long it's going to last.

Amazing piece of hardware though. Quick goods/bads.

Pros
      - Amazing resolution screen with fantastic clarity and colour. (720p)
      - Zippy interface
      - Ice Cream Sandwich rules. Going back to 2.3.4 is going to be difficult.
      - No junk on the handset (app wise).
      - Easy to hack because it's a Google phone.
      - Amazingly clear call quality. Even aces the iPhone there.
      - Thin/light and easy to hold.
      - Placement of power button (side) and headphone port (bottom) is a great idea. Why wasn't this done earlier...

Cons
      - Funny dimpling on the screen. Particularly noticeable on a white background.
      - Camera sucks (well, it canes the iPhone 3 - but sucks compared to current gen)
      - Build quality feels plastic and shit. Back cover seems really bad quality. BUT, this is why the phone is so light.
      - Speaker isn't that loud or good quality.

Will be writing a review this week. Will post link here.

Comment

I imported a S2 HD 4G. I love it.
        If you have any questions let me know. Though as dumb as it sounds im not on Telstra so not taking advantage of the 4g-ness atm (but that wasnt really why I got it anyway)

Comment

Bring on July 14th for my contract to end

Comment

Originally posted by Kawolski View Post
            I imported a S2 HD 4G. I love it.
            If you have any questions let me know. Though as dumb as it sounds im not on Telstra so not taking advantage of the 4g-ness atm (but that wasnt really why I got it anyway)
            I hear the import S2 HD 4G doesn't work with our 4G network anyway according to whirlpool. You end up on HSPA+ which is basically NextG IIRC. Uses a shitload of power too.

Comment

Yeh I got that impression from whirlpool but didnt care enough to confirm.
              Im happy with TPG on the Optarse network.

Comment

I will end up going the 4G ness with whatever phone is available. To be honest (yes i spelt it out) that a phone + data is worth paying $70 per month.

At the moment my Dell Streak can't do data theathering or anything. Worst phone baught ever.

Bring on the teleskum.

Comment

I get my Samsung Galaxy Note on Tuesday or Wednesday so excited upgrading from HTC Desire. Anyone want to buy a HTC Desire?

Comment

New HTC handset with ICS coming out including 4g models

New HTC One line-up to hit Australia | Delimiter

Comment

Love the Samsung Galaxy Note, but the ear speaker is distorting on phone calls. Back to the seller it goes see if they can fix it or replace it

Comment

Originally posted by chad View Post
                        I get my Samsung Galaxy Note on Tuesday or Wednesday so excited upgrading from HTC Desire. Anyone want to buy a HTC Desire?
                        Some mob on Foxtel last night were offering $100 for your "old" Desire. $150 for a iPhag 3 32GB.

Comment

Working...
                        X