Affordable Customizable Gaming Laptops (18") Metabox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affordable Customizable Gaming Laptops (18") Metabox

Hey guys, I was searching around on the net for some cheap customizable gaming Laptops for a friend when I came across this company located in Australia.

Now while on this site I noticed the Metabox brand, which is custom built in Perth from what I can see and they appear to have some pretty damn good ratings and prices.

Looking at this Laptop for example, the Metabox P180HM laptop by Clevo, is an 18.4" Full HD LED Screen, the keyboard has backlighting and it has a SLI and Crossfire choices of Video cards from the GTX560M, or the HD6990M which is an extra $350 as per the link below.

Its the 3rd laptop down.
    Gaming laptop notebook 17 inch to 18.4 inch - www.affordablelaptops.com.au - Australia

Does anyone else think this is a good deal? I'm thinkin its a pretty awesome deal since Gaming Towers them selves are valued to around $1400-1600 for similar hardware :p

I have no idea if the deal is good... but I did buy my last laptop though them and had no trouble... Took a good 3 weeks to arrive though.

Comment

Yeah, looking at it at the moment though, they have free delivery till March 31st so its definitely a good thing to. I tried looking at other Laptops equivilant to this one but are all atleast another $600 extra.

Comment

When I've bought a new laptop...

I ALWAYS look at this list and see where the video card ranks - Mobile Graphics Cards - Benchmark List - Notebookcheck.net Tech Personally I only go with Nvidia cards now, but there are multitudes of peeps on GU that go with either brand.

and then just look at the usual, CPU, ram, HDDs and res.

Then I look at the brand, the last two I bought ASUS laptops.... but I compared prices between other laptops and gaming towers. I find that having the portability of the laptop increases the price by around 200-300.

Edit: Yes, price looks good and so do specs... 18" for a lappy is pretty fricken big tho.

Comment

I've been trying to trick someone into buying a clevo metabox for a while now, So I could see what they're like. Because they look fantastic on paper but I don't know what the reality is.

Whirlpool seems to think they're the shit.

Comment

Loving my clevo.

Easy to reach the internals and the good cooling.

Dont expect anything fancy in the looks department.

Comment

If you want customizable lappies look at pioneer computers best service. price is ok great product.
              and to match the lappy you listed prob go for the DreamBook Power P18 SLI looks the same anyway.

Comment

Hey Sonick, the case for those DreamBooks is exactly the same case they use on the Metabox's lol, generic laptop case I guess.

Edit: Its actually the exact same Laptop lol.

Comment

Working...
                X