My New PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New PC

Well its tax refund time so got a new PC - its been quite awhile and the core 2 just wasn't cutting it anymore lol.

Gigabyte G1.Assassin2 2011 Motherboard
    Corsair Hydro Series H100 CPU Cooler
    Intel Core i7 3930K
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB FTW+
    Corsair CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10 32GB DDR3
    Intel 520 Series 240GB SSD x2 RAID0
    Corsair HX-1000 Power Supply
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Case

quite happy with it so far, got it upto 4.8ghz x6 easily with the water cooler
    haven't given it a good bench yet just the windows experience index one, 7.8-9.

just in time for all those steam summer sale games lol

we must think alike, i have same processor / SSD / same memory

however i have a Raven 2 case/ Corsair H80 cooler and 1500 Watt psu to power the 3 graphics cards i have

Comment

Don't really need to go too overboard on the cooler, H80's are perfectly fine and Ivy Bridge cores run alot cooler then Sandy Bridge. Can't wait to get mine, but you really don't need more then 3ghz these days if it is just for standard gaming lol.

You should try a Benchmark just off of your Ivy Bridge GPU alone

Comment

how much Mepm

Comment

cpu is like $580
          memory less then $200
          ssd around $370
          680 Graphics card $700 ish

Comment

was about 3.5k total. the gfx was was more expensive being the 4gb oc'd model.

this isn't ivy, its sandy bridge extreme i got the h100 mostly because the case i got had a large fan on the top so plenty of room the for h100 radiator. normal running temp is about 30 degrees on low fan speed but it can get to 70 degrees still when i OC

Comment

32GB of RAM. Why.

Comment

Originally posted by grandinferno View Post
                32GB of RAM. Why.
                because he can

Comment

exactly. its that cheap why not

Comment

hey mepm I have the same specs as yours only diff is I have OZC ssd my question to you is the fucking motherboard
                    Gigabyte G1.Assassin2 2011...Ive had it 1mnth now and it keeps bluescreening in windows every now and then, I think ive narrowed
                    it down to the god dam creative sound card drivers , you had any issues yet ? mate ive updated everything from bios to ssd firmware

almost everytime I play movie or anything to do with sound i get bluescreen and to add insult creative have the worst soundcard drivers
                    to find on there website also i have the creative update utility installed and it keeps telling me theres no creative products installed WTF

so any help anyone with this or should I just do a RA

Comment

i haven't had any problems with blue-screening i did however have some random sound issues when switching from dts to dolby, i reinstalled the drivers from GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 2011 - G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) as the creative ones don't detect the on-board xfi

Comment

Originally posted by mepm View Post
                        exactly. its that cheap why not
                        Because it's a waste of money?

Guess it's your money. I've got 12GB and have never got past 11GB used. I just can't even

Comment

it came in a 4 stick kit, the mobo is quad channel. the price difference was negligible between 16gb kit and 32gb so may as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mepm View Post
                            i haven't had any problems with blue-screening i did however have some random sound issues when switching from dts to dolby, i reinstalled the drivers from GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 2011 - G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) as the creative ones don't detect the on-board xfi
                            Okya heres what ive done today reinstalled windows 7 64bit fresh 3 times lol,anyway first time windows updates all the latest drivers
                            and upon installing the latest creative drivers bang bsod while intalling the drivers , then random bsod ,so then fresh install again this time no ms updates just video card and intel rapid storage drivers and latest sound card drivers from gigabyte website, bang bsod
                            and then some more bsod on videos and other sounds like youtube but no bsod with music playing ???

so third format all updates microsoft ,intel ,nvidia, klite codecs etc etc but no soundcard drivers and of course no fkn sound at all,
                            sound by the way was connected optical to logitech z5500 speakers , system has not bsod and ive been trying what i can with no sound
                            ie games and movies and no bsod , so im fkn lost at what to do at the moment any help from anyone would be appreciated,oh and the
                            bsod errors keep telling me its a driver issue as i downloaded a bsod reader and also no antivirus or firewalls at the moment installed to elliminate any other conflicts
                            Last edited by TBone; 20-07-12, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Sound card/chip is faulty?

Comment

Working...
                              X