No announcement yet.

DGA 46 POSTPONED TILL 15/16th FEB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be able to make this one ^_^; I'll donate those headphones for prize still if u'r interested.

Comment

We certainly are. I'll also be donating 1x Microsoft Sidewinder mouse...

Most likely to be a door prize though.

Comment

i think i might have to miss this one
        Australia day long weekend will probly be away with family

Comment

Damn, I want to go... if my graphics card doesn't come, I'm stuffed. My computer is so heavy, too...

I'm a bit new to this. Sure I pay the fee and all but what's there for security? Not saying it's going to be full of mobsters but I will be taking an expensive comp there... what if it blows up? Lol.

Comment

i take an expensive set of computers....im not worried.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzTeTT View Post
              Damn, I want to go... if my graphics card doesn't come, I'm stuffed. My computer is so heavy, too...

I'm a bit new to this. Sure I pay the fee and all but what's there for security? Not saying it's going to be full of mobsters but I will be taking an expensive comp there... what if it blows up? Lol.
              Dont worry DGA is probably safer than having friends over as far as your computer is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathlon View Post
                Dont worry DGA is probably safer than having friends over as far as your computer is concerned.
                Well I'm going. Card will probably be here before then. I might be able to donate something as a prize depending on what I haven't opened yet... think I've got cheap 5.1 systems in boxes lying around.

Comment

No LAN event in darwin has had a major theft... Sometimes it's small things like a game or a video card that someone leaves laying around (this might happen one in every 20, so the risk is already incredibly small and usually it's at the very large lans, with randoms walking through)... In the case of these smaller lans, most everybody is trustworthy anyway, if you're worried about theft when you go out, the best bet would be to see me, or one of the other guys running the show and just ask to keep an eye on your system. Don't leave your wallet and phone lying around, unless you can see it.

Remember, the less temptation for theft, the less likely it'll happen.

Comment

I'm the manager of the place where we have the venue (plus I've been with DGA for 5 years or so :eek, and if I was worried about theft, I wouldn't be having the LAN at my work.

As Kensuke said, I have complete peace of mind, because I know that the majority of gamers are basically honest people (except Korny, who has never paid for a DGA in his life ).

Comment

Luz what sorta graphics card u waiting on?

Comment

Originally posted by neotheo View Post
                        i take an expensive set of computers....im not worried.
                        set... as in: complete server environment.. I'm actually astonished each time i see your LAN setup neo - all that gear with no attached generator.. it's like not having fluffy dice in your car (if your car weighed 800 kg more anyway...).

Comment

I think this coming lan will be awesomeness mixed in with chocolate, and wrapped in pure gold!

Tell your friends!

Comment

Originally posted by r00t|{it View Post
                            Luz what sorta graphics card u waiting on?
                            PNY 8800 Ultra Overclock Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri Kensuke View Post
                              I think this coming lan will be awesomeness mixed in with chocolate, and wrapped in pure gold!

Tell your friends!
                              Woohoo! Free Chocolate at the lan you all heard it

Comment

Until supplies run out. :p

Comment

Working...
                                X