Darwin Gamers Association AGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic! Darwin Gamers Association AGM

I am pleased to announce the DGA 08 AGM.

The AGM will be held at Malak Shopping Center (Chambers Crescent Theatre). March 15th at 10am.
    It is a community hall that is also a possible alternate venue to what we are currently using.

There has been some goals achieved by the current committee that has guided DGA to a stage where limited help has made it hard to keep up with the current changes we are experiencing. There has also been a keen group of people that are always wanting to help and push DGA to the next level which has kept us on our toes.

To the exiting committee members I think them for there time and effort and hope that they either re nominate for there positions again, or still provide logistical support to the DGA effort and help keep it moving in a positive direction.

The up coming AGM will cover the following points in great detail.

Exiting committee speeches
    Electing a new committee to organise, run and continue the growth of DGA
    New committee to outline goals and future
    Set up a 12 month lanning time frame.
    Discuss the new venue and if it caters to the needs required

All nominations can be made to myself via PM, or via email (preferable)
    email unseen @ internode.on.net

This AGM is a chance for anybody who has a keen interest in helping to maintain and improve what is already set up. Come down be heard.

Regards

Kurt 'unseen' Edwards
    Vice President
    Darwin Gamers Association

Remember everybody, we need help to make this work.

Comment

do attendants have to be members?
      do people who vote or nominate or be nominated have to be current members?

Comment

Originally posted by Knight Of Nih View Post
        do attendants have to be members?
        do people who vote or nominate or be nominated have to be current members?

No and No.

Comment

I feel like going

Comment

what exactly are we nominating for?

Comment

a committee to run DGA for the next 12 months

Comment

Originally posted by r00t|{it View Post
                what exactly are we nominating for?
                2 People to fight to the death.

"2 Men enter, 1 Man leaves"

Comment

Originally posted by insidious View Post
                  a committee to run DGA for the next 12 months
                  That seemed pretty obvious I waz just wondering if there are certain positions we are sposed to nominate people for and if so what role those specific positions would play.

Comment

I am still trying to nut out the associated roles to go along side the following .. Will involve comp organiser, sponsorship etc etc.

President
                    Vice President
                    Treasurer
                    Public Officer
                    Sectary.

Comment

Public Officer
                      Isn't usally a member of the committee, they are usally in an audit type roll(most sports have the club manager as the public officier). This is becuase ultimitaly they are the person answerable to the law if DGA get used to embezzle fund to terrorist orgainization.

Comment

AGM is on tomorrow.

I urge all those who are either interested in helping or just want to get an understanding of the direction that DGA is trying to go for the next 12months to show up.

I have not had any applications for any positions but I am hoping that there will be some last minute stuff done on the day. I urge those that are interested in any of the listed positions above to come prepared. Targets for the year nd how we intend to get there .

See you all tomorrow.

Comment

Public officer

Can be a member of the committee. I checked the Associations Act on the goverment website.

"The public officer of an incorporated association may, subject to the
                          constitution of the association, hold any other office in the
                          association."

__________________________________________________ __________
                          Flame retardant

Comment

I'm throwing up my hand as committee president, and vice president (will only accept one position, pending results and my 'success'.)
                            Last edited by Kagetsu; 14-03-08, 07:34 PM.

Comment

you'll get my vote Kagetsu if you can drop off a 52" Plasma before tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X