there was a vegas comp?

how come nobody told me?!?!?!
      show up next time, then you wont miss out

Comment

maybe i would have if the vegas comp was advertised beforehand

Comment

no-one knew beforehand it was decided by vote on the night

Comment

There was a vote!!!!? Why didn't anybody tell me!?

Comment

We went around asking everybody individually what they'd like to play as a comp. Since we had four comps/prizes... We needed four games. We did say there'd be prizes, and said the games we'd be playing too. ^_~
              At the end of the voting... we only had time for two games with prizes... Vegas was the first comp, WarCraft III was the second comp... After that, it just got too late at night.

Vegas was certainly a lot of fun, but a lot of people agreed afterwards, that it wasn't quite fast paced enough.

Next LAN, we'll see how we go. We will likely be having COD4 and Trackmania comp though. Pending prizes we'll see how it goes.

Comment

that map was too big was all - was a lot of running around the map chasing gunfire only to find the antagonists had died and/or moved on. or maybe that was just my brand of lag, who knows

Comment

The WC3 comp was the definition of "not fast paced enough"
                  Vegas was alright.

Good lan. Plenty of gaming to be had even at 5:30am!
                  Nice to see the amount of people that showed up. (Maybe its what helped stop the place from freezing over at night )

Barely any Trackmania got played, Flatout 2 got a good thrashing though. If you wanna take that into consideration.

Comment

nice turned out and was a good lan.

I noticed some late comers set up at the back beside the couch left their rubbish on the table which is not acceptable and I think they took off without paying as well. They left during the early hours of morning when most of us were sleeping I know I woke @7:30 they were gone.

Any more interest for the Gundam clone game for next Lan? Few people already got the game and Dragon XR definetly got a copy now and we had a few session with him in the morning. Play soo much like "Virtual On" a server can have as many as 10 players.

This is Malkoth btw
                    Last edited by dmc333; 25-08-08, 06:05 PM. Reason: my real nick

Comment

shame i missed this one sounded like fun, but didnt want to bring my flu germs into the arctic-like temperatures

Comment

Quake3 got a couple of round 2 thanks to 3Lee (meufool)

Comment

Maybe a mic and a box to advertise stuff that happens at a LAN (sorry no offense to you Kagetsu and others) so EVERYONE can here even when in game for announcements on the night,

I agree about Flatout2. Was alot of fun and quite a few were playing it on the night.

Was semi-gentlmen rules at the end and alot of good racing was to be had by all lol

Comment

Originally posted by dmc333 View Post
                            Any more interest for the Gundam clone game for next Lan? Few people already got the game and Dragon XR definetly got a copy now and we had a few session with him in the morning. Play soo much like "Virtual On" a server can have as many as 10 players.
                            Quick note on that Gundam clone - the one you had at the LAN was fine, but i wanted a copy on my work machine so went and downloaded it - anyway got it from the original site and it has a trojan in it. The one from mirror moon is clean though (and a newer version).

Originally posted by Spiritwalker View Post
                            Maybe a mic and a box to advertise stuff that happens at a LAN (sorry no offense to you Kagetsu and others) so EVERYONE can here even when in game for announcements on the night,
                            I've been working on a LAN scheduling tool to put up on Welcome to RIAForge - it was meant to be done months ago but haven't had any time to work on it for awhile - this should help at future DGAs.

Comment

Working...
                            X