Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic! DGA 50 - September 27th - 28th

DGA 50

Sponsored by: Browns Mart NT, The IT Shack, Computers For You and Projection Plus.

DATE: Saturday 27th of September to - Sunday 28th of September.

TIME: Start will officially be 12PM (Mid-day). Helpers required at 11AM, early setup allowed after setup complete. End time sometime Sunday. Usually 12PM, though pending numbers, should be round up by 2PM at the latest.

LOCATION: Around the back of Malak shops. The old Video 2000 building.

FEE: $20 Admission.

REGISTRATION: Though registration isn't required, we do request that if you plan to attend, registration will guarentee a seat for you.
    We cannot guarentee a seat if the venue gets crowded for unregistered people. Registration will be up soon.

REGISTER HERE: http://www.darwingamers.org/ (NOW UP!)

LIMIT: 50 people will be catered for (ie, 50 chairs, and enough space for a little over 50 on tables). This limit is soft, so any more then that we may accept you, but will stop you at the door if it gets too crowded.

CONSOLES: There will be a console available for individuals who have paid only to fill time, and for group entertainment.

Personal consoles are also allowed during the event, along with your own viewing area. As consoles are a recent adoption by us, we'll be interested in what people feel would be appropriate for us to supply to make this a possibility. At this stage, we request you let us know if you intend to bring a console with you. Thus we can ensure you have enough space for it.

Please note, that we cannot supply viewing equipment for consoles, and you'll need to supply your own.

FILE SHARING:Information will be provided at the event on how to file share larger files. Some files will be shareable on Bit-torrent which is easily done, and will be fully explained at the LAN. File sharing is allowed, but alternative sharing methods to windows sharing are suggested for large files (500mb+). Regular slamming of network by file sharing will cease during competitions or if it's causing persistent irregular game play.

HELPERS: If you wish to assist in the setup of the DGA event, please add a comment.

RULES: In general, the rules haven't changed. Still no speakers, and you're responsible for your own equipment. Cheating outside of a comical context will not be tollerated, nore will persistent loutish behaviour... it's not been a problem in the past though.

Also are as per previous LAN's and DGAs standard guidelines.

If you know someone who would be interested in this event, please let them know.

Kagetsu

DGA President.

OFFICIAL GAMES LIST:
    - COD4

- CS:S

- Rainbow 6: Vegas 2

- Trackmania Nations Forever (free game)

- Flatout 2/3

- War Craft III.

- Aerial fighter game (to be announced)

PRIZES:

- Dual HDD external enclosure - Donated by Kagetsu.

-Asus 79cm Gold HSF (limited edition + awesome cooling) – Donated by Computers for You.

+ More coming soon

NOTE:
    It has been brought to my attention that when registering, a notification is brought up that suggests membership fee's etc etc.
    DGA at the moment will not be implementing any fee's or membership discounts. We appologise for any confusion this has caused.
    We are currently working towards an updated website which will be online soon.

For now, until further notice, DGA will only charge a flat fee of $20 for every person seated playing at the LAN, which covers him or her for the use of their computer at the venue during the LAN times.
    Last edited by Kagetsu; 11-09-08, 11:16 PM.

Throw some fliers my way after you've confirmed the date, I'll put em out around Palmo just to get some attention out here.

Comment

swing some my way ill hand them to a few blokes at work

Comment

hmm.. 27th is my 21st birthday. might be a good lan for me

Comment

Originally posted by neotheo View Post
          hmm.. 27th is my 21st birthday. might be a good lan for me

I thought your 21st was a month or two ago. :p

Comment

not that i remember >.<

Comment

Originally posted by neotheo View Post
              not that i remember >.<
              If the drinking was that bad... Just be worried about who you were drinking with...

Comment

i rarely drink, i just have a shocking memory

Comment

mmm sounds good...

Comment

We have confirmation on the date gentlemen! (And ladies).

Comment

do you guys still do them at the greek school?

Comment

Back of Video 2000 building in malak

Comment

Oh shit I wont be able to come I'll be in Brissy at the time... Maybe next one

Comment

Soooooooo... Freelancer anyone? ^_^

Comment

no DGA joy for me either, too soon after the last one :/

Comment

Working...
                              X