X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DGA62 - Friday 31st July - Saturday 1st August - Rego Open

DGA 62

Sponsored by:
    Browns Mart NT, The IT Shack, Computers For You and Projection Plus.

DATE: Friday 31st July - Saturday 1st August.

TIME: Start will officially be 7PM. Helpers required at 6PM, early computer setup will be allowed after the lan setup is complete.
    The Lan will officially end at Saturday 7PM but may end later (the lan may finish later or earlier depending on the lans end of day numbers).
    If you decide to stay to the last minute, it'd be a great help if you can assist in the packing up of equipment.

LOCATION: Around the back of Malak shops. The old Video 2000 building.

FEE: $20 Admission.
    Door Prizes!

Though registration isn't required, we do request that if you plan to attend, registration will guarantee a seat for you.
    You can reserve a seat for yourself and who ever you decide to bring along. We cannot guarantee a seat if the venue gets crowded for unregistered people. Registration will be up soon.

REGISTER HERE: Darwin Gamers Association

LIMIT: 50 people will be catered for (ie, 50 chairs, and enough space for a little over 50 on tables). This limit is soft, so any more then that we may accept you, but will stop you at the door if it gets too crowded.

FILE SHARING: See the white board when you enter the venue. More details on the a local web server.

HELPERS: If you wish to assist in the setup of the DGA event, please add a comment to this thread. We open the doors to people wishing to help us at 6PM if you come early and not help you will be asked to wait outside in the heat/rain until we are ready to start.
    Please note, helpers MAY bring their computers in prior to assisting, but may not setup on tables until organisation of the venue is complete.

SPEAKERS: We shall permit speakers. They are limited to fit on top of your allocated space and are no more than two desktop speakers (or monitor speakers alternatively). If you have a small sub with these speakers, it may be placed on the floor but must not impact other gamers. When gaming slows down, usually around 1AM, we ask that speakers be turned down to bare minimum if used for a crowd of people (ie, watching Anime). If on your own, use headphones.
    Music for the sake of music is no longer acceptable, as many people are unable to control themselves. Speakers are only to be used when you have a group of people. Outside of this, they should be turned off, or used as a preamp for headphones.
    Ultimately this is subejct to Admin approval.

TIME TABLE: To be set on the evening.
    Games Included at the LAN are but not limitted to:

+ LEFT 4 DEAD (Very Popular)
    + WarCraft 3 (Very Popular)
    + Counter Strike (Popular)
    + Battlefield 2 (Popular)
    + Grid
    + Rainbow 6 - Vegas
    + Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X
    and many more.

PRIZES: Prizes supplied by Computers For You, The IT Shack, and DGA donors.

NOTES: DGA will be looking into membership in the future. We're still drafting plans on what we hope to achieve etc in regards to this. Please note that all old membership fee's, plans and arrangements are nullified, and/or expired.

Your Computer
    In recent years computers have jumped leaps and bounds a lot faster then in the past. What this means for us is we require faster and more powerful computers just to run the standard run-of-mill games.
    Here's a quick guide to know if you're computer is capable of running the software at most LAN's.

Graphics Card: At least an nVidia 6 series graphics card, in the moderately high end, or even a mid range modern 9 series. Common gaming cards are: 9800GT, 8800GT, 7800GTX, 6800GTX... ATI have equivalents too. Please use Google to see if your system can run a game in the 'games' list.

MY COMPUTER CAN'T RUN THE GAMES!
    This is an all too common problem that has been occuring lately, and has caused problems for everybody involved. We admins will try and help as much as possible where we can, but please be aware that we can only help you so much. We're there to game too.
    It is YOUR responsibility to ensure your computer will run the game when required.
    DGA is currently working in conjunction with COMPUTERS FOR YOU and THE IT SHACK to create specific gaming systems, that will be available as a complete package at $2000. These machines are both capable of running every game that we play at the LAN's, and offers an entry into modified computers, as well as being in a package with plenty of room for expansion. COMPUTERS FOR YOU currently has an ATI based system available, which offers future expansion for Cross Fire, where as THE IT SHACK will offer an SLI sollution. Both computers are roughly the equivalent, and is purely up to you what you go for.

!!!It is your responsibility to ensure you computer is in working order!!!

-----------------------------------
    IMPORTANT
    Please keep your area clean. If you have rubbish, don't leave it on the table tops, instead put all rubbish in the bin. Try and avoid crumbs and food scraps falling onto the floor, and if you should, please clean it up right away.

+ LEFT 4 DEAD (Very Popular)
    + WarCraft 3 (Very Popular)
    + Counter Strike (Popular)
    + Battlefield 2 (Popular)
    + Grid
    + Rainbow 6 - Vegas
    + Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X
    and many more.
    Well, that cancels out half the population...

Eh-em. Don't know whether I'll be there. Unforseen circumstances.

Comment

Are you kidding me? How does that cancel out half the population? They are the PRIMARY games played during the LAN's.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzTeTT View Post
        Well, that cancels out half the population...

Eh-em. Don't know whether I'll be there. Unforseen circumstances.
        No surprise there.

Trying to round up the boys to come on down.

Comment

game list looks awesome to me... wish i didnt have to work

Comment

Originally posted by PapaDom View Post
            No surprise there.

Trying to round up the boys to come on down.
            Oh, because you can totally predict a monitor dying exactly two weeks after the warranty expires? Well, I may be coming after all. I'm getting another just in time for the LAN, I think. And if you CAN predict something like that, tell me before-hand so I don't have to waste time and money searching for a product that suits my uses.

Originally posted by Kagetsu
            Are you kidding me? How does that cancel out half the population? They are the PRIMARY games played during the LAN's.
            I try every month to get friends to come. I really do. It's just too much of a hassle for the common PC gamer to download and install Steam, setup an account and download/install/update their games just to play them at a LAN. It's not just that... most of the people I know who own a PC rarely play any of the games ever listed. And when I actually do get at least a couple of people hyped up to go, offered transport, letting them know they can get in for half price, etc... they change their mind almost always when they look at the list of games. I'm sure these games might be popular at the LANs, but they sure don't seem to hit it with the casuals. And unfortunately casuals are more than half of the population.

Comment

You know Luzz, you've been to more meetings then most people, and you've never mentioned this. This is EXACTLY what meetings are for.

Comment

tell your friends they'll sleep better if they start buying their games.

Comment

also - it's amazingly easy to hijack the games list and get a bunch of friends playing games you do have

Comment

Exactly. The games aren't fixed and firm.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagetsu View Post
                      You know Luzz, you've been to more meetings then most people, and you've never mentioned this. This is EXACTLY what meetings are for.
                      Yeah... I've got to work on my charisma a little. Sorry! o.<;

tell your friends they'll sleep better if they start buying their games.
                      Heh...

also - it's amazingly easy to hijack the games list and get a bunch of friends playing games you do have
                      Alright. I'll give it a go... again.

Edit: On that note...
                      There's a game I'd like to introduce on Warcraft III called Island Defense. It is NOT a tower defense game - towers are involved, but it is nothing like a traditional tower defense game so don't get confused. It's an addictive game where a group of players team up to build up their army and destroy the titan, who is a giant killing machine upset that all of these creatures are attempting to live on his island. I'll talk more about it at the LAN and I'd like everyone to try it at least once so I can explain the ropes.
                      Last edited by LuzTeTT; 19-07-09, 10:34 PM.

Comment

if i can make a suggestion: check out battlestations: pacific. it's only 8 player but damn, it was a lot of fun.

Comment

That'd be interesting. Will see what I can arrange for the upcoming lan.

Comment

At DGA 60 it was a good turn out for Quake 3, 61 wasn't so good, I may go to this one, Probly for the internet connection, Being on dial-up in the rual area 18.5 Kilometers from the exchange makes the net suck... lol

Comment

Sure thing... but don't be too excessive on the internet (ie, torrents aren't really okay).

Comment

Working...
                              X