Leeching at lans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leeching at lans

Do people still leech at lans these days or what? Don't get me wrong I like games as well but leeching was half the point why i and many other people used to go.

ADLS pretty much negated the general need for leeching.
    That said, it still occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Milenko View Post
      ADLS pretty much negated the general need for leeching.
      That said, it still occurs.
      How would you know I have only seen you once in the last 2 years...

But yeah I have all of my stuff to share out.

Comment

To answer, yes, leeching still goes on. Of course DGA doesn't condone pirated material, but there's often a lot of file transfers going through the network. Gigabit networks have improved much of everything though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
          How would you know I have only seen you once in the last 2 years...

But yeah I have all of my stuff to share out.
          Caus that was pretty much the case when I was attending DGA religiously, years ago, and I don't imagine it's changed.

Comment

i think you ought to come along tomorrow night and confirm - for purely scientific reasons of course!

Comment

There will be a spot for you

Comment

12hr shift starting 6am Saturday

Comment

perfect! game til then, then head off to your shift

Comment

not like he does anything at work anyways.. im back half 10 hour shift starting at 7pm .. so might pop in on the way home around 5:30am

Comment

adsl is still expensive in Darwin though right? I bet leeching will go out the window once we get the unlimited caps and super fast cable speeds that canada & usa have (and maybe other countries I just dont have the first hand experiance)

Comment

Originally posted by SperO View Post
                        adsl is still expensive in Darwin though right? I bet leeching will go out the window once we get the unlimited caps and super fast cable speeds that canada & usa have (and maybe other countries I just dont have the first hand experiance)
                        your probably right but i wouldnt hold my breath, actually i would tell your kids not to get too excited about it either

Comment

Leeching at lans

Fibre to 90%+ of the population within 6 years, Insid. That's if labor stay in power. Which they won't the way Rudd is going.

Comment

even if they did, and one of the biggest projects in au history gets delivered without delays, i cant see unlimited dl's coming in any time soon

Comment

We will see 500GB plans. And for most people, that virtually is unlimited anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X