No announcement yet.

best place to buy a telly in Darwin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For: best place to buy a telly in Darwin?

Can anyone recommend the best place for TV's in Darwin?? Mainly based on service, stock etc. I'm guessing somewhere like Wow, JB's or Harveys. Nothing fancy, just needs to be reliable 42" LCD/Plasma.

I expect I'll be buying a few of these over time, so I just want to be going to the same place every time. I know enough to be able to choose which unit without talking to any of the sales folks, just after some opinions on after sales service, warranty issues etc with particular suppliers.

extended warranty blows so dont bother, it takes months to sort out from my last experience.

Samsung has repair centre in darwin probably best bet

Comment

I got a great deal from The Good Guys. They beat every price I got from their competition. They had the TV in stock - very easy to deal with.

Comment

Got some tvs in darwin recently from harvey who managed to undercut both good guys and jb.

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk

Comment

Got my Pannasonic 52inch me think for $790 from Dick smith.

Comment

It works this way buy a common brand Something that could POSSIBLY get fixed, note the word POSSIBLY because there is no guarantee that even a reputable make CAN be repaired, but it should be replaced.

You want 42 inch so do the big run around look at the Prices and HAGGLE, retailers are desperate for sales, now the only difference to this is if you find a real real cheap 42 incher, grab it and run. By that I mean so cheap that if it fails when its warranty expires it doesnt matter to buy a new one.

Quite a number of years ago, My brother wanted a big TV this was when a 42 incher would set you back 20 to 30 THOUSAND dollars I found him a 38 inch KONKA Cathode ray tube (not Wide Screen) for under 1600 dollars now this was before GST its still going thats nearly fifteen ears ago, although he says the sound is crappy, but he is a sound snob thinks nothing of spending 2000 dollars for a single speaker. BTW he uses the TV as a heater in the winter warms up the room reasonably well.

One thing also make sure that it is actually a High Definition 1080 screen because some TVs are advertised as High Definition but are actually only 720s Standard Definition.

Comment

Thanks for all the infos. I'm not really looking for the best price on these units, just the easiest to deal with. I'll be chasing name brand units as I need at least 3 years runtime out of these beasties, and thb the users will never know the difference between 720 and 1080. As long as it has hdmi or dvi i"ll be happy.

What I dont want is to be dealing with some dickhead knowitall salespeople like I went thru at Carlas about 5 years ago when I was chasing a telly with scart, the buffoon was ridiculing me because I wouldn't accept his argument that you'd get just as good a picture thru composite or svideo.... I know enough about the technology to do away with the bullshit, I just want to buy local instead of over the net.

Comment

Hehe Wasnt the main man Adrian himself was it? He truly is a Dickhead
                Roger from Harvey Norman Comercial is a good guy and is easy to deal with
                Also dont discount Murray Oakley and Oasis Betta Electrical, both are localy owned and run and usually do a good deal.
                Personally for quality in a Plasma I would recomend a Panasonic but Samsung is also pretty good

My horse is a shackled old man
                His, his remorse, was that he couldn't survey
                the skes, right before
                right before they went gray
                my horse and my remorse
                flying over a great bay
                Wired were the eyes of a horse on a jet pilot
                One that smiled when he flew over the bay
                Wired were the eyes of a horse on a jet pilot
                One that smiled when he flew over the bay

Comment

Jabsy Scart wasnt properly marketed here, so the Average idiot salesdope didnt have a clue.

Just like the good sound people are few and far between.

As I said My brother thinks Nothing of spending a couple of grand a speaker, and he has had more than one arguement with stupid Salesmen who think this speaker is better than the one he specifically asked for. One of a Handfull of telstra Scientific Repair Laboratory techs, only two labs in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by thelion View Post
                    It works this way buy a common brand Something that could POSSIBLY get fixed, note the word POSSIBLY because there is no guarantee that even a reputable make CAN be repaired, but it should be replaced.
                    samsung is the only one locally who has its own dedicated service agent. the picture of the samsung is awesome... the repair is very quick and everyone around town has a good deal on samsung units

Comment

Originally posted by brownie View Post
                      samsung is the only one locally who has its own dedicated service agent. the picture of the samsung is awesome... the repair is very quick and everyone around town has a good deal on samsung units

Aren't you like the samsung rep or something? You should have taken the opportunity to also have a stab at Sony.

Comment

Working...
                      X