Highpoint 2740 RAID SAS card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Highpoint 2740 RAID SAS card

Hello. Hear me out, this one is difficult.

So basically a few months ago, I bought a Highpoint 2740 RAID card... which is a 4-port $550 SAS RAID card.
    It had issues with my configuration, so I RMA'd it twice, and got a replacement. To be honest I don't consider this card really very reliable, but you might have a better experience than me.

I now have a replacement. A brand new Highpoint 2740. But I don't want it anymore, as I have gone and bought a more expensive LSI MegaRAID 9260-4i... it supports adding a SSD to the array for a performance boost. Pretty cool! But I've spent so much money. So I need to sell this pretty much brand new Highpoint 2740 RAID card.

I am going to run it over the weekend to copy my data off it, and then I will put it away and sell it for hopefully as close to retail price that I can get.
    So if you would like this RAID card (HighPoint RocketRAID 2740 [RR2740] - $549.00 : PC Case Gear), discuss it with me here and hopefully we can make a trade of about $500. If you don't think that's a fair price and I'm not getting many offers, of course it is negotiable.

Preferably I want as close to my money back as possible, considering how expensive the damn thing is. I bought it from PCCG so I'm sure we will be able to transfer the warranty in to your name or something.
    Yes, it'll come with a SAS->SATA cable if you want one.

Of course if it doesn't work in your system/with your drives I will give you your money back. The card will be kept in an anti-static bag in the original box with software CD.
    Happy buying!

What was the compatibility problem you where having. Only issues I've had with my highpoint card is making sure I disable the on-board raid so there is enough memory to load the raid controller bios and occasional overheating because the card is jammed up against my GFX card because that is where only suitable PCIE slot is free. I would buy it but couldn't actually fit it in my PC.

Comment

I would love that card but it is just the wrong time for me to be shelling out 500 bucks. My mrs would eat my nuts for breakfast, with a smile on her face.

Comment

Originally posted by morge View Post
        What was the compatibility problem you where having. Only issues I've had with my highpoint card is making sure I disable the on-board raid so there is enough memory to load the raid controller bios and occasional overheating because the card is jammed up against my GFX card because that is where only suitable PCIE slot is free. I would buy it but couldn't actually fit it in my PC.
        I don't even know. I don't even think it's compatibility. It just seems like a dodgy product to me, as you said others might have had a better experience with their Highpoint card. Considering how much I spent on this one... I shouldn't have had any problems. But as I said, got a new one back on warranty, selling it off because I ordered an even more expensive other brand.

Originally posted by K_I_Z_A View Post
        I would love that card but it is just the wrong time for me to be shelling out 500 bucks. My mrs would eat my nuts for breakfast, with a smile on her face.
        lol

Comment

Sorry to go off topic but what case are you running this in? I've got a norco4224 but I don't run a raid card. I don't need performance just reliability so I've got it running with unraid at the moment. Flexibility is great.

Comment

Originally posted by K_I_Z_A View Post
            Sorry to go off topic but what case are you running this in? I've got a norco4224 but I don't run a raid card. I don't need performance just reliability so I've got it running with unraid at the moment. Flexibility is great.
            A HAF X.

Anyway the moment my other RAID card arrives I will be putting this one away in its box for all eternity so if anybody would like to buy, please don't hesitate.
            Last edited by LuzTeTT; 19-07-11, 07:49 PM. Reason: its box

Comment

Kizza you will probally need to get some Mini-SAS(SFF-8087) to Mini-SAS(SFF-8087) Multilane SAS Cables if you were going to use this card, rather than the ones that were with the case.

Comment

Yeah I know. I've done lots of reading. Hence why I went with unraid.

Comment

Just for an extra bit of information: This RAID card physically has 4 ports on it. As in... with four SAS->SATA cables, you can plug in a total of 16 drives without needing an expander. I can no longer provide cables since I found a use for my spare.
                  Price is negotiable. Product is pretty much new, replacement back on warranty. It will be left in storage until somebody claims it.
                  It has to be sold so please have a good look!

If you are worried about the issues I had with the previous card; I seem to be the only person that has ever had an issue with this model, so it is most likely my configuration that is at fault.

Comment

Working...
                  X