Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So....... which is the best store to order a new system ( or components to make one )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So....... which is the best store to order a new system ( or components to make one )

Looking at updating my old rig, would like some suggestion of stores ( either bricks and mortar or online as I live in Darwin ).

IT Estate and GameDude Computers are really cheap. IJK Computers and Umart are slightly more expensive, but their service is fantastic and delivery times are outstanding.

Comment

Thanks Rec

Wont even consider GameDude as I have placed orders with them before and nothing ever happened. Pretty slack for a business!

Comment

pccasegear

Comment

netplus i always have good results with.
          pluscorp is also good and scorptec is alright too.

i have access to wholesalers locally so if u want quotes send me a PM with the parts your interested in.

Comment

Locally, try IT Shack (member here too).

Comment

pccasegear.

Prices are generally as good as MSY, and they do $12 airbags if you're careful about breaking up your order.

umart for heavy things, because pccasegear only use aae and anything very bulky, i.e a case, ends up very expensive to darwin.

Comment

I used pccasegear for mine, has an awesome array of stock, probably better than everyone else.. I couldn't find a single place to get everything I wanted except pccg

Comment

+1 for pccg

Comment

Basically I want a new gaming rig, don't really care about having the best stats, I do care about heat factor as I don't have A/C in the house.

Any suggestions??........ My preference is Intel and Nvidia

Comment

+1 for PCCaseGear. I usually buy from MSY here but I've never actually ordered online from them.

But take note of Harb's suggestion of splitting up orders with PCCG. You can save heaps on delivery that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryodeath View Post
                        Basically I want a new gaming rig, don't really care about having the best stats, I do care about heat factor as I don't have A/C in the house.

Any suggestions??........ My preference is Intel and Nvidia
                        I've just bought the following
                        Intel Core i5 2500k
                        Asrock extreme 4 gen 3
                        8gb corsair low profile ram
                        gainward gx570.

However all these things are based on budget considerations. Mostly the mobo and graphics in that department, appears to be very little reason to go up to the i7 2600k if you're gaming.

As for heat I also put a noctua NH-D14 on the cpu, which according to everyone in the entire world, is massive overkill.

Comment

My grafix card down here sits very cool as far as can see / feel PLE Computers Pty Ltd. It however takes up 3 bays instead of the norm 2.

Ill take a snapshot of the temps tonight when I am playin BF3.

Comment

I am also leaning towards a SSD for a O/S drive

Comment

yeah well you would be mental to be buying any platter disks at the moment anyway.

Seagate 2tb went up $100 in the last week.

Crucial M4 SSD 128GB [CT128M4SSD2] - $239.00 : PC Case Gear is apparently the shit to buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X