No announcement yet.

Tron Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fact i did, it came after a comment from her that it must be an old persons thing.

Comment

wow - does she even understand how cool your avatar is?!

Comment

Sadly no...

if she wasnt so hot id kick her arse to the kerb lol

Comment

Also Ratty, prepare a CC for the inevitable tours that Daft Punk will do for this around OZ.

I think next drinking sesh at yours must involve an Invader Zim marathon and teach her in the ways of Gir!

Comment

Invader Zim FTW.

Also I didn't realise until watching that clip that Michael Sheen is in this. This movie just got even more awesome.

Comment

Playboy does Tron, NSFW: Playboy Tron - Playboy Tribute to Tron - Playboy Light Cycle Pics - Game On

Comment

Daft Punk's Tron Legacy soundtrack is unexpected, and wonderful

Comment

Any1 seeing the 3D movie tonite? I unsure what to do cause the only other movie i've seen is Avatar3D but that was after i saw it Normal first.

Comment

Yep, I'm heading in to see it in 3D tonight. Right after watching the original again.

Comment

Same im heading in tonight.. watched the original just a couple weeks back to catch my missus up on the story

Comment

Really enjoyed it.

There's only a spattering of action scenes and even less real drama, but it didn't matter. I was held captive by the ambiance, tied together with the special effects and one of the best sci-fi scores ever created.

The original is void of emotion and hurried along far too quickly. Both of those qualms meet some level of resolve here, but don't expect that sterile feeling to have completely disappeared, and I think it has a deserved place in the Tron universe.

If you're not a sci-fi lover or aren't familiar with the original, it probably won't deliver, but if you know what you're getting yourself into - buying that ticket for the visuals and the score - scoot right along. Recommended.

Comment

Extremely impressed with the movie, i recommend definitely seeing it in the cinema the sound alone "makes" some scenes.
                          3D also adds the extra touch of epic, to already very impressive visuals.

Comment

Olivia Wilde is in it?

Will watch ASAP.

Comment

I've just been listening to the sound track and I love it, it's like a electronica version of fantasia, EPIC!

Comment

Am I the only one here that was actually rooting for the enemy in this movie? To me, the justification of turning off a whole computer civilization due to their desire to create the perfect world that is to reflect the Adolf Hitler and Facism is just completely wrong?

Take it this way, I saw nothing wrong with the supposed enemy or ideology manifestation of the enemy in this movie. They wanted a better life, they wanted to use the gate to escape to the real world and have a chance at living in a imperfect world and bring perfection to this world. I don't see anything wrong with this! Considering that their Army size is about the size of a Pentium 200 computer there's day I don't think could of gotten very far in the real world, though the benefit in technology and understanding of AI would of been endless.

Instead with this movie, I saw more of the son and the dad playing god. What right do they have to tell the farther duplicated copy his mission was a failure? His dad made the mistake of ordering him to make the 'perfect world' and in that essence the farther duplicate copy did exactly that! He made order out of chaos. For comparison just look at history to see to get to the point we're today we had to go through some nasty shit.

What pisses me off to now end when watching this movie has to be the son. He goes into the world as a reckless teenager and at the end of the movie he wants to take charge of his life and take over the company. Talk about being juvenile about the situation.

I still think that those algorithms within the computer have a right to live outside of the simulated world, even though they may have a facism view does not mean they should be condemned to death for those views. The son and farther are ass holes for playing god to determine who lives and who dies.

Comment

Working...
                                X