X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Incredible HDR Photos of New York City

Some of these are truly outstanding...

30 Incredible HDR Photos of New York City | JetSetta

wow, that's some really nice work there - and now i finally get what the buzz about HDR is about - every single HDR image I'd seen til now had massive bloom in it. love how some of those photos make new york look like a computer game level.

Comment

Over powering bloom shits me to no end....those images on the other hand are awesome.

Comment

Awesome.
        As you say some don't even look like photographs.

Comment

Got me wondering how he did it, unless his camera has an auto-HDR mode?
          True HDR Photos with moving subjects, i thought, would have been impossible.

Comment

think the pic of the theatre(?!) shows blurred cars in the street - that was probably done properly while the rest were 'shopped

Comment

Just had a bit of a go at this HDR thing this morning.
              I need to find areas that have more contrasting colours.....god I wish I lived in a City that had interesting architecture...or just anything interesting at all to shoot.
              My HDR just came out looking like a regular old photo :/

Comment

Nice effot Lenko.... I had a play around with HDR photography for a bit and it was complete FAIL. haven't attempted to try again lately, given that my camera has decided to crap itself. I found a nice Photoshop tutorial a while back that made HDR look-a-like images from one image, but found that it very rarely worked. (will see if i can fish out my best example)... *please hold*

Comment

Yeah i read that as well - it required a fucktonnery of filters and stuff though yeah?

The only difference between the before and after of the above pic; is that it's...more blue. Thats about it :p
                  I might have to try low-light like a lot of those linked in the OP were. See if it makes a difference.

Comment

if HDR via PS is just a matter of applying a shitload of filters in a specific order, there'd be a batchfile floating around on the net to do it for you.

Comment

The tutorial I read for it used about 3-4 different stand alone programs and involved a fair amount of manual 'tone-mapping'; whatever the hell that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Milenko View Post
                        Just had a bit of a go at this HDR thing this morning.
                        I need to find areas that have more contrasting colours.....god I wish I lived in a City that had interesting architecture...or just anything interesting at all to shoot.
                        My HDR just came out looking like a regular old photo :/

the most disturbing thing about this image is that it means lenko was lurking near my house in the early hours of the morning

Comment

can't find the tutorial i used, but i did find. Fake HDR, Pseudo HDR <--- that!

not bad... not sure how much i would use it though. I think if i were to use HDR i would do it properly.

Comment

Especially because the concept of HDR is actually so simple. AEB -2 / 0 / +2 and a tripod.

Comment

Yer i have had a go but havent come up with anything good. The best way to get good ones is to have a camera that does 5 stops of AEB. Get alot more range then.

Comment

Working...
                              X