Red Faction TV movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Faction TV movie

This sounds really cool - Syfy is working on a TV movie for Red Faction which might turn into a full blown TV series.

Red Faction TV movie being produced by Syfy; ongoing series possible -- Joystiq
    It looks like THQ and the still awkwardly named Syfy have more than just De Blob in store for their transmedia tryst: Broadcasting & Cable reports that "Syfy has just closed a deal to bring Red Faction to television via a two-hour movie, which will also serve as a back-door pilot." A "back-door pilot," for those of you not in on television industry jargon, is defined by Variety as a "pilot episode filmed as a standalone movie, so it can be broadcast if it is not picked up as a series." So, in other words, Syfy is making a Red Faction movie, ostensibly tied into the new, more "narrative" game expected in early 2011, with the hope of continuing the production as an ongoing series.
    I for one am looking forward to seeing the protagonist sucker someone onto a singularity bomb

just hoping they line up some of BSG's writing talent for the task.

It can't be any worse than the games, I guess.

Comment

RF1 was awesome. RF:G was awesome. both were ground breaking (although the third had less ground in favour of more buildings).

i dont know what you were playing but i suspect it had ponies and rainbows and shit.

Comment

Red Faction 1 was a joke. A gimmick. Once you had blown some holes in a few walls it was a big, fat, poorly produced zZzz.

Comment

had a decent enough storyline and multiplayer was awesome.

Comment

The multiplayer was fun, you're right. That was its only saving grace imo.

Comment

since when has single player been relevant in an MP game?

Comment

Since when was Red Faction not a single player game?

Comment

i've never played it single player, played a bit of MP tho. so uh. since forever!

Comment

yea red faction multi is quite awesome and heaps of fun.
                    campaign is a snoozefest

Comment

yeah, because slapping bitches around from the cockpit of a mech is boring as sin - you and rec ought to go cuddle in a corner somewhere, maybe that's the excitement you're after? ;p

Comment

its extremely repetitive is all
                        fun at first but after awhile...

Comment

Throwing sticky bombs on enemies.

Need I say more.

Comment

Red Faction: Origins (TV 2011) - IMDb

Never Played the games so no idea how this is. But purely from game + "syfy", I would say it's anus.

Apparently showed in june, but it's now out on dvd, hooray.

Comment

it was pretty crappy

Comment

Working...
                              X