X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webber moving to Ferrari ?

Interesting....

Mark Webber linked with Ferrari

He's Formula One's in-form driver and now Australian Mark Webber is being linked with a move to Italian giants Ferrari.

Webber, who secured pole position for the Monaco grand prix less than a week after his dominant victory in Spain, has been mentioned as Ferrari's potential replacement for the Brazilian Felipe Massa.

Both the Australian, who drives for Red Bull Racing, and Massa are off contract at the end of 2010.

Massa is widely expected to not be offered a new deal with Ferrari.

Renault's Polish driver Robert Kubica has long been linked as the man to replace Massa alongside Spain's Fernando Alonso at Ferrari, but several reports over the weekend suggest Webber might be the man to move to Maranello.

At the heart of the rumour is Renault's new team owner Gerard Lopez announcing he intends to keep Kubica at the French marque.

You never know.. but nah i dont believe it.

Kubi seems be staying according to Renault, but yeh how tempting is Ferrari.
    autosport.com - F1 News: Renault trusts Kubica will stay on in 2011

Interview with Horner says contract talks with Webber are a certainty.
    Wether they agree is another matter.

Q. What do Mark Webber's performances over the last two weekends do to his contract situation for next year?

CH: They don't do anything. We are very happy with the way that Mark is performing. He is an important member of our team and he has got to a stage where, at 33 years of age, we said let's take one year at a time ? rather than signing some long-winded agreement.

It is all down to relationships and how he feels at the end of the day. He is driving fantastically well, he is a very valued member of the team, so when the time comes to sit down and talk about contracts I am sure it will be a very short conversation.

Q. Does it make sense to get it settled and out of the way before the big pressure of the title fight?

CH: Inevitably, over the last couple of years it has been around the end of May and beginning of June that we begin to talk about things, but with Mark, like all things, it is pretty straight forward.

Q. Surely it's a no-brainer to keep him?

CH: That is an Austrian term. I am very happy with the balance and dynamics in team, and there is nothing that we would change for.
    Massa out i do believe.. Alonso has destroyed him, or that accident has had an effect.
    Kimi was to take Webbers spot, but things look different now.

Comment

Webber is not only chums with Red Bull's Christian Horner, but they own a GP3 team together. And I understand Red Bull's Adrian Newey is involved with it too. It's just a big old fashioned circle-jerk over at Red Bull.

And let's not forget he has the fastest car, right now, and probably for quite a long time. Mark is the type of guy that would choose the thrill of winning over a 25% pay rise.

If he switches teams at any stage, as opposed to retiring at Red Bull, I'll be extremely surprised.

Edit: all of that said, if he moved to McLaren, Mercedes, Ferrari or Renault I'd be jumping for joy. Who the hell wants to walk around wearing energy drink clothing just to support their driver.
      Last edited by rec; 18-05-10, 11:25 PM.

Comment

I've been looking at the merchandise for Red Bull and its crap.... pardon the pun but there is no 'energy' in the designs.

Webber's Cap is the only item I'm considering getting.

Comment

The only thing I've ever liked from their entire range was the jacket which I've attached here. Unfortunately I went into a Puma store in London to try it on and it felt cheap, looked cheap and was 200 pounds...

Click image for larger version

Name:	AU1S3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	596018

Comment

I'm surprised the utter gayness of it didn't send you to the checkout in raptures.

Comment

Webber moving to Ferrari ?

Spelling Nazi AND fashion Nazi?

Hot tip: there's only one of those you know anything about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

way to confirm. way. to. confirm.

Comment

Webber moving to Ferrari ?

Now you're in rapture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X