80's music... only the good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's music... only the good.

As someone who grew up in the 80's, it often dissapoints me to hear 'youngin's' refer to the 80's as the age of 'crap' music.
    I bring this up now, as I've just had the same conversation.
    Personally I still believe the mid to late 90's is where music really hit a cliff, even though the decline had previously been slight.

So I thought a testament to the quality 80's music would be a nice idea. Where people can see some of the better stuff from the decade.

My selection:

So true. I grew up in the 90's but love 80's music.

Comment

80's music is very much coming into fashion, and has been for the last few years, despite being the whipping boy of music critics for the last 20.

I'm more a fan of 80's music for that distinctly 80's sound rather than the "quality" of music - so you could say I'm a fan for illegitimate reasons.

As for dissing the late 90's; the birth of Muse and Radiohead's OK Computer/Kid A were landmark moments in the world of music. They're probably my two favourite bands of the last 30 years.

Comment

The 80s. The catalyst that started the downward spiral to the pus we're enveloped in now. Apart from Heavy Metal, I hate the 80s.

Oh but this is fantastic (1981):

So fucking cool.

Comment

I feel high all of a sudden.

Comment

You are right buddy..!!
            The best music came in the 80's till mid of 90's...And I still love to listen old music..!!
            And you have shared a pretty good soundtrack..!! The Oldies Music Revolution | Internet Radio & Online Music Blog
            Last edited by Khali; 16-04-11, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X