The Stig revealed and sacked!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stig revealed and sacked!

BRITISH racing driver Ben Collins has been "sacked" from his TV role after revealing he is the mystery driver known as the Stig, presenter Jeremy Clarkson has revealed.

Clarkson, who co-hosts the popular British motoring television show Top Gear, said a video interview with community news service WitneyTV that he was "hurt" Collins decided to unmask himself as the show's anonymous white-suited driver, the Guardian reported today.
    Read more: The Stig (Ben Collins) has been sacked.

awww :/

Comment

As if you would unmask yourself. The dude (while anonymous) was a fucking icon of the worlds most watched show

lol @ the comment on the news article:

Paul of Melbourne Posted at 4:48 PM Today

I don't care that 350 million people watch this show. I still don't see why? Its a load of tosh. Clearly todays version of "secret men's business". I saw one episode due to all the hoo-hah surrounding it. I can certainly understand that's its a program watched by 99% men with far too much time on their hands and were desperate for a "MEN ONLY" program. Hence the fast cars, etc. Next they'll be having half naked women with large breasts when the fast cars get a bit too boring just to pump up the ratings...YAWN! Time to find a new pursuit gents.
      Paul must be gay.

Comment

he obviously didn't see the studio audience when he watched - the M/F ratio is nearly 1:1

dickhead should stick with his Antiques Roadshow.

Comment

Yep, definitely a c0ck in his a$$.

Comment

I do like how they usually put the cute chicks with big titts at the front of the audience though :p

Comment

If he watched an episode from the very early seasons, it's probably a legitimate opinion.

Comment

So hes fired... he had it coming. We all move on and get a new stig who's identity can again be a mystery.

Comment

Comment

Just lost my third post so far today and can't be fucked retyping it. Anyone else experiencing a blank screen when they click submit sometimes and losing their post when they click back?

Comment

Yep, plenty of them actually - thought it was just me. Just lost this post and had to re-write it. Will ask Dan to look into it.

Comment

Bahaahahah awesome ad...

Comment

Nice way to move on to a new Stig (and pay out the old one at the same time).

Comment

Ah, didn't actually watch that clip. Just did. Nice.

Comment

Actually what my original post said was that I think paying the Stig out in this promo is bullshit. The Stig is as integral a part of the show as Clarkson, Hammond or May but I bet he gets paid a pittance compared to those guys precisely because his anonymity makes him replacable.

I see this more as the guy deciding to cash out "his share" of the show by using the revelation to bolster his book sales knowing full well it'd be the end of his stint. If he wants to do that then I reckon he's earned it because he helped those other guys make a fuck-ton of money.

I love Top Gear, but I have a strong suspicion that Jeremy Clarkson is in fact a complete arsehole.

Comment

Working...
                              X