L.A. Noire South Park'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.A. Noire South Park'd

Forgot to mention this after watching the most recent ep, but CVG reminded me;

Now I just feel like chucking my copy of the game in the bin. Damnit.

Comment

They speak the truth.

"Games today are not about getting better and overcoming your opposition. They are about the player advancing to some point at which he is told "you win!" and is given a shiny achievement badge and some points on his account to show what a hard task he has accomplished." Anonymous - 4chan

Comment

rated arrgh for pirates lol

Comment

No, dammit! People can't just take a shit on LA Noire like that. At least I wish they wouldn't, so as not to fuck up my hopes of enjoying better and different games in the future.

In a world where people are constantly bitching about a lack of innovation (see: any CoD/BF game for the last 6 years) at least LA Noire is trying to change things up by shifting the emphasis from recycling the same old gameplay just with better to graphics to actually trying something different, breaking ground with new technologies and putting an emphasis on mature storytelling. To quote a post by a really smart dude I read on another forum:

Originally posted by Bam Stroker
          Regardless of its merits and flaws, I think ultimately I history will remember L.A. Noire for two things in particular. The first thing, obviously, is the facial animation technique. It's impressive to be sure, but still not perfect. There's definitely a bit of uncanny valley there sometimes but the point is that they tried it and they've succeeded with it. That can only be good for the uptake and improvement of technology in the future. The second thing is that the game is filled with heavy, mature concepts that are approached with a directness you don't normally see in games. There is a murder scene in a park you attend where there's a naked dead woman laying on her back, full frontal nude on the ground. She's been beaten, raped and strangled and somehow Rockstar manage to "pull it off" - all I felt when I was on the scene and searching around the corpse and checking the body itself for evidence there was an undeniable sense of gravity and the whole experience felt pretty heavy. Hopefully another cue that will be picked up by other developers in the future.
          So if you don't like LA Noire then fine, I'm the first to admit it's far from perfect, but please just shut the fuck up and go back to playing Battlefield: Medal of Duty Modern Black Ops Warfare of Honour XXVIII and stop ruining it for the rest of us (read: me) by trying to convince everyone else that somehw Rockstar have made a mistake with this game.

Comment

I agree Dan. I haven't finished it yet, but im really enjoying Noire.

Comment

I don't get much time to play it (or games at all really) but I'm really enjoying it.

So far to me it feels like I'm participating in a detective movie.

Comment

Heavy Rain was hugely flawed, but for me it was a masterpiece. I still can't wait to play L.A. Noire.

I'm very aware of what it is and what it isn't. And it's what I want.

But I still had a laugh with this clip.

Comment

Originally posted by UnSCaRReD View Post
                  I don't get much time to play it (or games at all really) but I'm really enjoying it.

So far to me it feels like I'm participating in a detective movie.
                  Street cases are awesome, but I need to stop running down people on the sidewalk. I keep forgetting what game I'm playing.

Comment

btw my rant was mostly directed at the South Park dudes, not GI.

Comment

Poor stan, being affect by self-fulfilling prophecy and doesn't even know it. In regards to L.A. Noire I think if it makes people happy playing it and they enjoy then more power to them.

Comment

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : L.A. Noire

Comment

LOL i love the escapist

Comment

Working...
                          X