• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average Aussie spends $31 a week on alcohol

• Average Aussie spends $31 a week on booze
    • New South Wales spends most on alcohol
    • Men spend more than women at $33
    That's the equivalent of a little more than eight beers, with the average price of a 285ml glass of full-strength draught beer $3.73, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

Think you spend too much on booze? Average Aussie spends $31 a week on alcohol | Reviews and Recommendations for Food and Drink in Queensland | Courier Mail

Attached Files

Out of all those beers, lets see what Fosters owns/imports...
    1. Carlton
    2. Cascade
    3. Corona
    4. Crown
    5. Pure Blond
    6. Victoria Bitter

Thats right, Fosters owns half of the Australian beer market... and you should see all the micro brews they own & there impressive ownage of the wine industry... Foster's Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

anyhow, sorry about the tread jack.... I think they need to widen the test range or determine hot pockets. I'd easily spend 300-500 a weekend when I was back in melbourne per week either in the city or stocking my bar.

Comment

The non-giant owned is the best tasting from that list, and I agree. Coopers.

Most Australian microbrewery and boutique brewing establishments are pretty sad. Most of them attempt to replicate popular international styles, and pale in comparison.

The best shit is still directly imported from Belgium and Germany; Franziskaner, Weihenstephaner, Chimay, Rochefort, Bernardus.

And a six pack of those already equate to that $31 average.

Comment

wahooo finally im on a above average list!

Comment

This list says I'm a below average pisshead.
          I guess there are a fair few years of above average to level the playing field.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
            The non-giant owned is the best tasting from that list, and I agree. Coopers.

Most Australian microbrewery and boutique brewing establishments are pretty sad. Most of them attempt to replicate popular international styles, and pale in comparison.

The best shit is still directly imported from Belgium and Germany; Franziskaner, Weihenstephaner, Chimay, Rochefort, Bernardus.

And a six pack of those already equate to that $31 average.
            Agreed, I had mixed feeling about the quality of beer in the US before I got here. But there microbrewery produces high quality brews that are quite unique to each region (and they dont try copy the imports), but also at cost price compared to the imports and microbrews back at home. Fav thus far, a bourbon stout

Comment

Smash this average by far with my weekly bottle of scotch.

Comment

When I was last in the US the guy I was with asked for a local beer and was given one of these.

ArrogantBastard.com

Anyone tried it?

Comment

Haven't tried it, but I trust the community at Beer Advocate - looks like one I'll have to track down.

And yeah, for the record, the USA and Canada have great boutique brewing scenes. Great innovations of Belgian styles, and pretty much the best brewers of stout and IPA in the world. Australia looks like a joke in comparison.

Comment

That's true, with a few exceptions however. Feral brewing hop hog, mountain goat crossbreed thorny goat to name a couple I've thoroughly enjoyed recently.

James squires, little creatures and fat yak is probably the best out if the macro stuff though, the rest is shit.

Comment

Fat Yak is shit - just another typical American Pale Ale, yet Little Creatures was doing it many years earlier, and theirs is still better.

James Squire is indeed one of the only decent macro offerings, but as per most Australian beers, they lack any real complexity.

Almost every beer made in this country has "a" flavour. I like some depth in my beverage.

Comment

Working...
                      X