Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Wallabies' Rugby World Cup 2011 (and other matches)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wallabies' Rugby World Cup 2011 (and other matches)

Thought I'd create a thread for RWC chatter rather than a new thread for every match of interest.

Initial matches of particular interest:
    • New Zealand start the proceedings on Friday night against Tonga, 6:30pm.
    • Sunday at 1:30pm Australia face off against the Italians.
    • After that game, we'll see the Irish take on the USA at 4pm.
    • France v Japan and Argentina v England should also be good.

Edit: GU RWC tipping is available via Footy Tips: GU Tipping Comp. To join: www.footytips.com.au/comps/GU&p=guftw (password is guftw)
    Last edited by rec; 06-09-11, 10:39 AM.

Dan would you kindly get some sort of a tipping comp going?
    go the wallabies!

Comment

GU RWC tipping is available via Footy Tips: GU Tipping Comp. To join: www.footytips.com.au/comps/GU&p=guftw (password is guftw)
      Last edited by rec; 06-09-11, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Real Rugby supporters don't watch it on telly, they go there

Comment

I'd rather watch 99% of sport at home. All the angles, commentary, a couch, good food, good beverage. Guess I'm a fake sports fan.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	All_Blacks_2011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	596977

Go the Wallabies!!

Comment

hahaha fantastic pic

Comment

I want one!

Comment

Australia's second half was the strongest of any team in the first round of matches. While NZ were convincing against their low ranked opposition, they weren't as convincing as they should have been.

France played well at the start and end of their game, but their middle game proved a scare. Rounding out the top 4 teams, South Africa were completely underwhelming against Wales, creating a great watch.

Play starts again today. Those at work who want to watch, check out this streaming site - lots of adverts, but it works: FirstRow Watch Live Rugby Streaming | 6 Nations Rugby Games Live Online | NRL Live Stream National Rugby League

I have $5 @ 42 on Namibia to beat Samoa.

Comment

I've watched plenty of poorly refereed games before, but none that the commentators repetitively call out his blatantly and continuous wrong calls. I've never been so angry.

A knock-on is not a charge down, for starters. But what's with the Irish dragging the scrum down on purpose numerous times, and every time they being awarded the penalty? The commentators were speechless, and when they weren't speechless, they were vocally belittling the referee. Rightfully so.

But hey, even if the ref wasn't corrupt we played a shaky game. The Irish played well.
                    Last edited by rec; 17-09-11, 09:30 PM.

Comment

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!

I'll see what photos and videos I took on the night I can post up later, it was unreal being there and a night I will never forget. OD has never been this quiet at a game ever. Maybe it was the shame he felt for telling me (and he wasn't joking) that we'd get done by over 30 points.

The big test now for Ireland is a decent performance against Russia and Italy to take that kind of form into the quarters where we will most likely face Wales for a spot in our first ever RWC semi.

Thanks to decent 3G coverage I also got to double up on my Ireland to win bets - In play betting on mobiles rules, especially if your at the game and can see things TV coverage cant show. Australia needs to get that sorted out pronto (I believe there is a high court decision on its way).

Comment

Ireland is still looking good. But so are Italy, beating Russia by almost as much as Ireland.

If Italy can give the USA a good romping tomorrow, I'd say Ireland's final group stage match against the stallions will be a cracker.

Comment

I found the reason Ireland are performing...

Click image for larger version

Name:	hunky_dorys_rugby_crisps_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	597132

Comment

Bring on Wales next Saturday!

Comment

Aussies didn't really deserve that win against South Africa yesterday - not based on skill, anyway. The passion was there, but that won't be enough against NZ.

Wales v France is going to be a cracker.

Comment

Working...
                              X