Aussie Stoser win US open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Stoser win US open

Not really a tennis fan.. but this is historic.
    She becomes the first Australian to win the women's US Open title since Margaret Court in 1973 and the first Australian to win a Grand Slam singles crown since Evonne Goolagong at Wimbledon in 1980.
    Reading reports that Williams once again abused the ref.
    Last edited by snake coward; 12-09-11, 12:50 PM. Reason: Name... i said im not a tennis fan :)

I a big way abused the ref. Stoser was a champ the whole time too.

Comment

I had the pleasure of watching Samantha STOSUR finish the deal this morning before work.

Congratulations to her.

Also, the second part in that quote in the OP is a bit misleading "and the first Australian to win a Grand Slam singles crown since Evonne Goolagong at Wimbledon in 1980."

Pretty sure Pat Rafter and Pat Cash would have some things to say about that. I know they mean women but it doesn't read that way.

Comment

Yeah I got up for it. Huge game, huge win - such a strong performance, surprisingly strong. Williams had no response, except for some unwarranted verbal abuse for the ref.

Comment

or Hewitt for that matter of our more recent one...

So, who are people tipping for tomorrow. I'm tipping Nadal after watching him cane Murray.

Comment

It's hard to bet against that guy, but both of those are guys that are virtually unbeatable if they're firing.

Comment

Working...
            X