Your Favorite Concert DVD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Concert DVD's

With the new speakers and amp on the way i'm looking to expand my music DVD collection. Easiest way to do so is ask everyone what their favorite concert DVD's are.

1. Live: Live at the Paradiso Amsterdam
    Amazon.com: Live: Live at the Paradiso Amsterdam: Live, Robert Paak: Movies & TV
    fantastic set, fantastic sound, fantastic venue and crowd.

2. U2 Go Home: Live from Slane Castle
    Amazon.com: U2 Go Home: Live from Slane Castle (Jewel Case): Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, Larry Mullen Jr., U2, Eve Hewson, Willie Williams, Enda Hughes, Hamish Hamilton, Brian McCue, Ned O'Hanlon: Movies & TV
    OD got me onto this just before my 21st and even dragged me to a U2 concert. this dvd will never get old and i get funny tingles ever time i put it on and hear the first song!

3. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Live at Slane Castle
    again a huge crowd, great set and very lively. thanks to OD again for putting me onto this one.

another mention goes to the recording of MAX Sessions the Slash and Myles Kennedy (youtube it and watch some songs). im very lucky to have obtained it on dvd and watch it frequently, its both their songs on acoustic but done so so so well. if you like original guns and roses songs aswell as velvet revolver grab it.

Floyd live at Pompeii and Pulse

Comment

Great Thread.... and a good excuse for me to go gather all my live concert DVD's across all my HDD's into one spot.

U2:ZooTV Live in Sydney

This is my fave U2 DVD, although I've ripped the mp3s from the Slane castle one to listen to (frequently) in my car.

Bryan Adams - MTV Unplugged
      Best live sound recording imo. OK it was in a very controlled setting, but still...and it has great new arrangements to his classics. I just found out that he also has a Live at Slane Castle DVD which I'll have to source.

Muse - Glastonbury 2010
      Seaside Rendezvous was my favourite Muse concert, then came the live Youtube concert from Seattle (which was the actual set I saw in Brisbane last year) but Glastonbury gets the nod. I firickin lost it when the Edge walked out onto stage and played Streets with the band to make up for U2's cancellation that year.

Fleetwood Mac - Live in Boston 2004
      This is one of two concerts I came across on Fox or something and despite not having a great love for the band I was fully engrossed in their performance. This isn't the actual concert that caught me (there is one where they bring in a huge school brass section in on the encore) but it is the last time the whole band with all the original members played together.

Pink - Funhouse Australia 2009
      This is the second of those, "didn't really like the artist before I saw this" gigs. Awesome show/set.

Pink Floyd - Pulse.
      nuff said.

Queen Live at Wembley.
      nuff said.

Comment

I was actually at that U2 gig in Sydney. True story.

Comment

The Highwaymen

My all time favourite music DVD (believe it or not).
          It's also released under the titles "Highwaymen Live!" and "The Highwaymen - One Night Only".

Fucking fantastic DVD with amazing voices - Waylin Jennings, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash.
          Listening to Johnny Cash sing a Boy Named Sue gives me goosebumps.

Comment

Most of my favs have been mentioned, but I'd add AC DC - Live at Donington (1991).
            Last edited by rec; 27-11-11, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Watching Prodigy - Milton Keynes 2010... An absolute must have for any fan of the group.

Comment

This Led Zeppelin DVD is a cracker. Lots of footage from assorted shows. Makes me want to live in the 70s.

Comment

Working...
                X