TF2 Update for Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TF2 Update for Halloween

Big update today over 500MB. I may even dust it off for a bash this weekend.

If you joined us for last year's TF2 Halloween Special, then you're probably reading this with white hair in an insane asylum, because it was pretty darn scary. If this is your first Halloween Special, we should warn you: These introductions have been known to cause heart attacks. Because there are Draculas right behind you! [sound of thunder]

Alright, shake it off, that's the last time we're going to scare you. On an unrelated note, there's something we forgot to tell you: Last year's TF2 Halloween Update scared you so bad that you died and are a ghost. Also, what's that behind you? Oh, it's just someone drinking a bottle of sparkling water. Oh wait it's a skeleton! [sound of creaking door]

Now that you've gotten a taste of the caliber of scaring you can expect from this update, let's move onto the features: like the all-new Mann Manor map. It?s packed full of spooky surprises like the Haunted Halloween Gift, a gift box that drops randomly. The map also includes Team Fortress's first boss monster, the Horseless Headless Horsemann. Where is his head? Where is his horse? Where are all the Draculas? We know the answer to one of those questions: They're still right behind you!

Enjoy the update... to the change of address form at the Post Office, because your new address is the cemetery because you've been buried alive!

sounds like a plan. I demand community involvement.

Comment

definitely up for that

Comment

Might be pursuaded to partake.

Comment

Steam is having a sale in addition to this.
          Plants vs Zombies GOTY $5
          Bioshock 1 $5
          etc. etc.

Comment

Bioshock for $5.... frickin Bargain.

Comment

Well I got the headless horsemann's haunted metal. So I can make one of the two hats or the axe.

I'm thinking the axe.

Comment

Well done. I played for a few hours on Friday and Sunday. The haunted manor map was pretty good.

Comment

This is the most time I've spent in TF2 in quite a while, so all the changes are very new. Crafting is interesting, I've got to destroy like, 36 weapons to get enough scrap metal to make this axe, twice that to make a hat. But the "micropayment" system for buying items is kind of whack.

The Halloween hats cost as much as the game does. That's not micro

Comment

the game itself is a micro-transaction ;P

Comment

I think you'd sell more than 5 times as many at $2 than you would at $10.

Especially for something that's purely aesthetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                        the game itself is a micro-transaction ;P
                        Hell yeah. WTF $7.40 for a hat? and $44 for a kit

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                          I think you'd sell more than 5 times as many at $2 than you would at $10.

Especially for something that's purely aesthetic.
                          I personally would only buy an item or two that I liked, it would probably be "my look" indefinitely. Even if everything was $2, I wouldn't buy other stuff despite being so cheap.

I guess that's the mentality Valve are basing their pricing scheme on.

Comment

When did you have to start paying to customize your character?

Comment

never

Comment

Working...
                              X