The Heist: Payday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Heist: Payday

Just posting this here so I remember in morning after getting next to no sleep.

If you hadn't realised, it's had a last minute delay til a non-specific "late october".

Gay

Comment

still waiting for you to buy that 4 pack jay

Comment

yeah bought this like 2 months ago lol still waiting on a release date

Comment

Unlocked and ready for download

Comment

Doh.

Way too many games.

Comment

Ok so initial impressions:

Soloplay is pointless. The A.I is far too stupid.

Taking hostages is pointless. You can't move them once they're cuffed; and when your objectives take you away from them, the police just walk in and rescue them.

There is very little to no tactics to employ. You walk into a bank, start the heist, then shoot wave after wave of cops while you drill a vault door etc. There is no negotiating (other than to have an arrested accomplice returned to you); and the cops just charge in shooting.

Kinda disappointing to be honest.

Comment

Hmmm I was toying with getting this game too. Disappointing. :S

Comment

bugger :/

Comment

It looks ok (L4D Engine) and sounds ok. There's just not enough game mechanics to make it feel like a really fleshed out game.

I've played with 4 player co-op online and we worked as a group - completing two of the missions without too much trouble.
                    The thing that really annoys me is the (lack of) tactics used by the Police. Since when do SWAT (and patrolman for that matter) just run into a bank and start laying down automatic fire; before negotiating?

They have 'special' mobs too - SWAT Shield-men; Heavily Armored guys (Bulldozers) and some stealth guys (Ghosts I think they're called). It's kinda good to mix it up from just wave after wave of regular cops; but at the same time it feels a little to much L4D.
                    Last edited by Milenko; 22-10-11, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I have to disagree lenko, sure there is some AI issues for both the cops and the computer controlled robbers.

but playing on hard with 4 mates was the most fun ive had in ages in a FPS.
                      very much a L4D game with humans instead of zombies, mixed up with the fact that your a bad guy, and u just murder 100's or 1000s of cops, made my night last night.

playing the 'HEAT' level, got bottle necked by a massive wave of cops in an alley, all 3 team mates down, no cover, and yet i still manage to save 2 of them fight through the wave and trade a hostage for the 4th player before running up the massive bridge the the chopper...

was epic.

Comment

Working...
                      X