BF3 and Punkbuster CRAPOLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 and Punkbuster CRAPOLA

Okay firstly no tweaks or fixes or port forwards just straight out the box.
    Have been happily playing since day 1....Now nada.
    Since the recent update I have not been able to get on. I was able to get on one game on Wednesday about 10am.
    So try the normal - scan the web for ages and same if not similar problem everywhere. Although half the time it seems to be related to something diferent. The following points
    A: Yes I can play Single Player
    B: Yes I can play NON Punkbuster servers.
    C: NO I cannot play Punkbuster Servers.

What I have tried so Far: I have updated Punkbuster no less than three times, I have also uninstalled Punkbuster and have received the punkbuster is required msg click here so clicky cklicky and reinstal punkbuster
    Still no joy.....
    Any fricken ideas, I have had enough

What's the actual error?

Comment

The Error - Unable to connect to a server.
      Get as far as logging in, joining, connecting then i get dumped with either a cannot connect to server or disconnected from server or disconnected from EA

Comment

Weird mate.

I have been getting the occasional "Disconnected from EA" error, but i usually just retry and i can get into the server.

Comment

Tell me about it, the strange thing is i can get into non punk buster servers, so obviously thought it musty be PB related. Removed PB and tried again without it and cannot connect because you need pb. Okay... re install pb with latest update and back to same problem.
          The only thing I haven't done yet is any port forwarding. Considering I never did before and played fine that was put back to my last resort.
          I have found lots of threads related to this since the update but non really solve the issue. Even found one with a EA support session saying this is a known problem, sorry just wait till next patch...faark

Comment

Yeah I do recall seeing a thread (when looking up the disconnect from EA error) with a Customer Service agent saying to forward ports; but I really don't think that's going to solve anything.

Just out of interest, what method are you using to update PB?

Comment

i had this error.. i found a thread on the bf3 forms to a bf3 pb download and that worked fine for me.

Comment

Battlelog / Sign in

Comment

Fixed..finally

I decided to trace back my steps on everything to do with PB as that was most likely the issue and discovered that when removing PB you delete the PB folder both in game and in your local users directory and remove the PB service....that is all good. However when you re install with either the game update or a PB manual update it fails to install the PB service for PB - A.
                  A tells PB - B in game to start.
                  So Solution is to install PB A so the service is running and bam...your back and playing.

Comment

Worked for two log ins then died again ffs

Comment

Full re install of BF3 and PB and same shit.FAAAARK

Comment

What av and firewall you running?

Comment

avg, and all exceptions are set for bf3 and punkbuster. Was happily playing until the patch.
                          Strange thing today I can join servers as long as they are empty...wtf...
                          Last edited by craZy C; 27-11-11, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Okay finally widdled it down to AVG firewall issue, when on even with Full exceptions and some I cannot play Multiplayer. So disable Firewall and so far three rounds three servers. Strange thing Windows Firewall is running with the same exceptions.

Comment

windows firewall does nothing much tbh. Avg probably has some behind the scenes filtering and rules

Comment

Working...
                              X