Australia joins Xbox 360 price cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia joins Xbox 360 price cut

Hopefully Sony follows suit. I really want to get a ps3, but this makes it really hard. For the same price of the ps3 I can get the 360 pro and 4 games.

MICROSOFT is set to drop the price on its Xbox 360 games console in Australia in an effort to give the games machine a better shot at the Christmas market.

The fully-featured Xbox 360 Pro will drop from $649 to $579, while the stripped down "core" system drops from $499 to $399 - putting it on-par with Nintendo's $399 Wii.

The cuts make Sony's $999 PlayStation 3 the most expensive console in the Australian market by an even greater margin.
    From AustralianIt news

$1000 for any console is retarded. In fact over $500 for any console is retarded - the XBox Ill let slide because of the nature of actual upgrades to the system on the more expensive ones.

Comment

Hopefully the elite doesn't cost much more than $579.

Comment

hardly on par though The wii sells for 399 with a game nowadays

But definately a sexier price... they are already losing money on it how can they even afford it!!

Comment

Originally posted by SperO View Post
          they are already losing money on it how can they even afford it!!
          Microsoft has very very very deep pockets. A few billion dollars loss now, but huge gains if crowned console king.

Comment

Buy games for a 360? Sif do that.

Comment

lolbot

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                Buy games for a 360? Sif do that.
                Same goes for the PS3 :p

Is it still the case that you can't buy a 360 by itself in Australia?
                Last I heard they were only vendoring Kinect bundles.

Comment

you have always been able to get them by themselves, its only the 4gb no hdd model that isn't available on its own

Comment

i have 2 xbox's, 2 ps3's, 1 Wii, 1 DSi, 1 PSP.........

i barely play any of them so i guess no more consoles for me

hahaa

Comment

Working...
                    X