Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steam and v p n

It could be just me, but who knows.

Using a method outlined by rec in a post to get l4d2, did the vpn thing, created a new ste@m account and gifted me the game, today i try to do the same thing and it tells me the credit card transaction was declined and if it is in error to go back to the steam store and try again.
    This is AFTER they have taken the money from my CC. If it was declined because i didnt use my real address why would they take the money out?

I like this in the bottom of the email
    "Our policy: We take strong measures to protect our customers from credit card fraud and will prosecute fraud to the fullest extent of the law."

Its my credit card, in my name used to buy me a game how is that fraud??
    I find it ammusing they stop you getting the game from another region buy you can get it gifted to you.

Failing the fuckers not giving me my money back does anyone have friends in the US that would be willing to help gift the US version to a mate of mine, after i give them money of course?

When you make a credit card transaction the bank sets aside the amount of the transaction until it has been completed looks like the amount was set aside but not released yet.

Comment

Give Chips a whiz. His outside of AUS. His a friendly chap, sure he would help ya out

Comment

Chips is back in AU now, and doesnt have his VPN anymore

Comment

cheers aegis, and jay are you trying to talk kiwi to me??

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Crispy View Post
            cheers aegis, and jay are you trying to talk kiwi to me??
            Eh?

Comment

i meant joshy.

Comment

Total fail, incoming ban for that. :p

Comment

Not my fault they call me J

Comment

anywho back to the story agent-J

Comment

Your best bet would be to get someone on GU to gift it to your steam acc and pay them back.

Comment

hence the OP, that is what i would like to achieve......ty

well to epik's account anyway.

Comment

If you want to play LFD 2 together with epik etc, i can lend you my steam account to use. Although it has the censored version

Comment

Cheers Josh, i have no probs purchasing it for him.

I was hoping that there was someone on here who is O/S or knew someone and i would dd or paypal them the monies to gift it to him ( ie the uncensored version)

I have just recieved an email back from steam asking for my details to refund the money from the failed purchase, this could get interesting........

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Crispy View Post
                              Cheers Josh, i have no probs purchasing it for him.

I was hoping that there was someone on here who is O/S or knew someone and i would dd or paypal them the monies to gift it to him ( ie the uncensored version)

I have just recieved an email back from steam asking for my details to refund the money from the failed purchase, this could get interesting........
                              Just say your on holiday overseas and want to buy the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X