DC Universe Online - Anyone Playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Universe Online - Anyone Playing?

picked it up for PC today, is anyone playing?

was tempted - but then saw they were FUCKING AUSSIES OVER WITH $5 extra per month on subscriptions. so they can go fuck themselves with cacti

Comment

I am playing it on server The new world or somthin.

Comment

Im on death and glory, shits on champions online by massive amount, has its issues still but very promising.
        and ive found away around the extra $5 sub cost, buying EQ2/SOE gamecards online for the $14.,95 they work fine.

Comment

im just having the odd lagging out! but other that that is all good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty View Post
            Im on death and glory, shits on champions online by massive amount, has its issues still but very promising.
            and ive found away around the extra $5 sub cost, buying EQ2/SOE gamecards online for the $14.,95 they work fine.
            way around or not, they're not getting my money til they resolve that bullshit

Comment

So is it GOOD?

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                way around or not, they're not getting my money til they resolve that bullshit
                Was word on Kotaku that they were looking at the sub rates for aussies, but that was last week and nothing since.

Its enjoyable Bam, a little laggy at times, but the game feels more polished than most newly released MMOs, has a need before greed loot system (cept cunts still need on shit they cant use), there is an Auction House, but its not implemented yet.

Combat is very mouse click oriented with 1-6 buttons used for skills, so you may actually wear your mouse out playing this game lol, the feel of the world is very open and fun, u can explore all of metropolis or gotham if you like, there are some awesome DC land marks (wayne towers, arkham asylum, JLA headquarters).

also if your going to base your decision based on reviews, pay not attention to IGNs review, they actually blatantly Lie about half the shit, as if they didn't play the game and just made shit up...

big downfall is the fact that even tho its not a console port, they are keeping the PC version dumbed down to be the same as the PS3 in case they decide to merge the 2 networks in the future.

it also feels at times like a single player game, but when you actually start playing in raids and PVP arenas with other people who have mics and an interest in winning you can see the multi player interaction will be good once they iron out the bugs.

All in all its enjoyable, more so than Champions online, if you can pick the game up for $45 like i did from D2D its worth a look (i found a coupon online and got it for $35).

Comment

From their media they reckon consoles and PC's are already integrated.

Also, no trial = shit.

Comment

nah they haven't got them integrated yet, but they are looking at doing it in the future, unless the PC community kicks up a big enough stink... which we will

from reading the forums, apparently they will offer trials shortly, atm they actually take the servers down every night for 1-3 hours for maintenance and patching, so continual performance improvements so far, a little annoying that they do it at 8;30pm (local time) every night but hey fixes are good. i guess once that stops they will offer trials.

Comment

Working...
                    X