V8 Supercars Online Series (iRacing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 Supercars Online Series (iRacing)

A bunch of the guys have started racing the V8's on iRacing (namely Marf, Formula 1, Corco and myself).

Monday night's races are officially sanctioned by the V8 Supercars Championship, and has standings/news on their website: V8 Supercars Championship Online Series
    Last edited by rec; 15-03-11, 09:39 AM.

Had my first race on Monday night. Round 5, Sebring, started 14th on the grid and finished 4th. Corco finished 16th after two (yes, two) punctures.

Last edited by rec; 15-03-11, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Round 6 at Spa; 10th to 4th on the first lap, and that's where I finished. Boring. And on the start-straight I rear-ended some guy who broke immensely early. :/

Corco finished 12th of 15th, after having to retire due to a huge knock from an idiot pulling back into traffic (seen in video).

Last edited by rec; 15-03-11, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Here's an awesome vid from Sebring (Round 5), on-board with Corey Slade from XSG Motorsport:

Comment

Some hugely fun action from tonight's practice session...

Comment

I think this may be the only time I've ever enjoyed watching V8 racing.

Comment

I've watched like, two... possibly three V8 Supercar races my entire life. I'm a sucker for open-wheel action; F1 is king on four wheels.

Sim racing is another matter entirely though. Actually driving these things is a hoot. Although the V8 Falcon is probably the least accurate car on iRacing, but it's mostly due to the braking, which is mostly due to the tyres. And there's a new tyre model being introduced in a couple months.

Comment

Great stuff man. Great stuff.

Comment

When you're actually driving do you do it from the in-car perpective?

Comment

Yeah you have to - cockpit view only. You can adjust the angle you're looking at, and the FOV though.

Comment

Nice one rec, time you came and started racing with the big boys
                      Qualified 15th for race 2, got punted after running wide on a corner, looped it, back in last, fought back to 17th, but damn those guys are quick. Need to work on a setup, something that is going to make it the distance Tyres disappeared in the last 8 or so laps, so was happy just not to get lapped

Comment

The season starts up again tomorrow night! Season 4 of 2011. I raced in the top split of a warm-up race this evening and placed 7th, promisingly. Marf finished 1st after the leader timed out.

I won't be doing up my own in-car replays, but Formula1 will be doing race highlight reels and can be seen at TattsRacing's Channel - YouTube every week (a day or two after the actual Monday race). I'll post them here too when they're ready.

Comment

Working...
                        X