• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic! Halo 4

oh yes chief is back!

And Halo is getting a tune up
    Halo: Anniversary Trailer - Halo Official Site
    Last edited by The Happy Devil; 07-06-11, 04:39 PM. Reason: moar halo's!

Wasn't the last halo game supposed to be the last halo game?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty View Post
      Wasn't the last halo game supposed to be the last halo game?
      The horse is already dead, why not keep flogging it?

Comment

cant wait for this
        i hope 343 doesnt fuck it up

Comment

Terrible CG/score/script. Terrible trailer.

And now that Bungie aren't involved and Microsoft are just cashing in, I dare say it'll be a terrible game.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
            Terrible CG/score/script. Terrible trailer.

And now that Bungie aren't involved and Microsoft are just cashing in, I dare say it'll be a terrible game.
            As a fan boy I really hope your wrong on this one.

Comment

Some parts of the CG where done well, though when master chief is standing on the end of the ship it looks pretty piss poor effort. Seems like they really rushed this one to make it to E3. Though not up to the high standards of Bungie.

Comment

That trailer was pretty meh.
                Mind you, I've never understood the acclaim / attraction to the Halo series.

Comment

Originally posted by Milenko View Post
                  That trailer was pretty meh.
                  Mind you, I've never understood the acclaim / attraction to the Halo series.
                  Well, the first one was legendary. The second saw the brutes replace the elites, the third saw the covenant change theme from purple to steelish grey/purple. overall, the first one had way more theme and feeling, and the levels were excellently designed. after that the series went downhill for me. Especially since energy swords became wieldable, there was always a special feeling when killing a unique gold elite who had a sword that you cannot wield. in the new remake, the sword will prob be equippable. Sad since that will make level 3 (Sword and invisible sword elite ambush) Pretty crap

Comment

it went downhill after they changed it from Marathon to Halo - and Microsoft bought them out. Pfhor ftw.

Comment

Halo was looking like a revolutionary shooter when it was headed to Mac/PC. Then MS bought the studio and made it an Xbox exclusive. The rest is [unfortunate] history.

Comment

it wasnt a shooter when it was headed to mac/pc, it was an rts.

Comment

I covered its Mac development for GameSpy for over a year. As a shooter.
                          Last edited by rec; 14-10-11, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Here's the trailer that set the gaming world alight, with Steve Jobs talking about it...

Last edited by rec; 14-10-11, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mepm View Post
                              it wasnt a shooter when it was headed to mac/pc, it was an rts.
                              it was an RTS for like 5 minutes. then when they started really talking about it (for an intially mac only release) it was a shooter

Comment

Working...
                              X