Oh FFS Steam is shitting me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh FFS Steam is shitting me

Was downloading some games last night, all be it very slowly. Turned on this morning and steam was unable to log in..So did the old delete .blob trick ..still no joy then progressed to delete directory job except for steam.exe and steamapps.
    Well this worked it stopped freezing, now it wants my steam user id and password, well I thought i remembered them. Obviously not.
    Utilised the password request for the userID..oops that doesn't exist. Bullshit I checked the logs last night and my steam user id was correct, checked my steam purchase receipt and yes that was correct.
    So now try the email account request. It sent me a bloody reset email with the following userid: (nothing)
    Well on too steam support and went through all the crap and now I wait......
    This happened once before and it took 5 days for the tossers to sort out a hijacked account.

did you not go through that Steam PC auth thing they added a few months back?? that kills hijacks dead.

Comment

Yep did that just a few weeks ago.
      The issue here seems to be just a simple password issue. What annoys me is there idiotic Monday to Friday only support for one of the largest gaming platforms in the world.
      I even tried using some of the product id's from games I own but no email still

Comment

ah okay. yeah that sucks then.

Comment

And here is the email received when trying to find out the password. Notice the blank after the username..

Dear Steam User,
          This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this email address.
          Steam account name:
          You can use the above account name to log in to Steam. If you can't remember your password, click on the "Retrieve lost account" button on the Steam login screen.
          The Steam Support Team
          The Steam Summer Camp Sale

Comment

Working...
          X