Magicka trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magicka trouble

So downloaded the demo played that no worries.. then i DL the Magicka full pack and tried to run it and all it does it goes to a black screen for like a second.. then back to desktop so i look in my error log and get this..

Version: 1.4.0.3
    Thread: LoaderThread
    System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo( String res)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent( )
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(Stream inStream)
    at Magicka.GameLogic.Profile.PlayableAvatar..ctor(Str ing iFileName)
    at Magicka.GameLogic.Profile.Read()
    at Magicka.Game.LoaderFunction()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

any clues ? i've looked on steam fourms and ppl have kinda the same problem but they just dont have the graphic card for the game.
    I shouldnt have to get a new graphics card if i played the demo.. All my drivers are up too date and directx9 too.. dang i'll have to have a fiddle with it tonite i guess.

dam man...

right click on magika > properties > local files > verify cache

Otherwise, try a fresh install or something?

Comment

Originally posted by psyave View Post
      dam man...

right click on magika > properties > local files > verify cache

Otherwise, try a fresh install or something?
      actually try

Black Screen - Does Not Start - Fun Errors - Steam Users' Forums

"
      grahamgardener

black screen>magicka

Hey guys...Magicka (I had the black screen issue) and several other games where not working on my brand new Dell gaming laptop (which has 2 graphics cards). Then I noticed under Nvidia Control Panel>Manage 3D settings, under preffered graphics processor, it had 'Auto'...for some reason 'Auto' chose my intel graphics card which isnt meant for gaming...so changed this to the Nvidia card, and now Magicka works no probs. Messing with anti-aliasing and the other settings has also helped with other games. Hope this helps someone! "

You running a laptop?

Comment

Check your vid card here > Can You Run It?

Others believe its a sound issue "
        Maxxify

Wanted to update this with another workaround I found, for those who experience this (like myself) due to the sound device. If you have no alternative device to switch to or prefer to use your default device, you can make a virtual one with something like Virtual Audio Cable (use a search engine to find it and/or similar). This will enable you to use your normal sound card by filtering through the virtual audio device. I can confirm the game works via this method, although only in stereo. "

and maybe update your directx
        After loading Magicka I get a blank screen - Video Games

peace.

Comment

also bear in mind Magicka is buggy as hell, but at least they're actively patching issues.

Comment

all good now.. i reinstalled works fine.. i think back to installing it the 1st time and my nice kind silly girlfriend turned my computer off mid DL and so wasnt installed completely.. sigh /shakefist

Comment

lol

Comment

Now my troubles are that i get the green (some time brown) screen of death... sounds sometimes plays but their i am playing away in good spirts doo dee daa.. 'take that suckers!' <sorry sorrry had and out burst> then pop frezze 'muthafraking shit ballz of fury' <my bad another outburst> game crash.. only happens at random times but i got 4 screen freezes last nite.. sigh..

Comment

yeah, it's buggy ;P

Comment

Working...
                  X