Lan gaming cafes in darwin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lan gaming cafes in darwin ?

hi, after a few searches on google, and a week of exploring darwin (after moving here for uni) i have come to a halt in my quest to find a lan / gaming cafe as my uni dorms will not allow me to set up any type of NORMAL cable internet \=

any ideas as to where i can raid / play the odd HoN/DotA game?

much appreciated,

rice

AFAIK the last gaming dedicated place closed down due to pedophilia issues... that said, if you have a machine, DGA meets the last friday of every second month at Malak shops (next one is friday after next). Darwin Gamers Association

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
      AFAIK the last gaming dedicated place closed down due to pedophilia issues... that said, if you have a machine, DGA meets the last friday of every second month at Malak shops (next one is friday after next). Darwin Gamers Association
      thats super fucked, im staying at charles darwin university till november and they wont let me set up any kind of internet here so gamings kinda outa the question. i'd probably come to the event given i can organise some sort of transport for me and my friend + our computer boxes and lcds.

Comment

that sucks man. the DGA lads will be happy to have you along. And i'm fairly certain they play at least some form of DotA each time - I know lothar was always pushing HoN and they play that warcraft ship mod DotA knock-off too. Make sure you rego on their site though - sometimes the venue fills up and first preference goes to registered players.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
          that sucks man. the DGA lads will be happy to have you along. And i'm fairly certain they play at least some form of DotA each time - I know lothar was always pushing HoN and they play that warcraft ship mod DotA knock-off too. Make sure you rego on their site though - sometimes the venue fills up and first preference goes to registered players.
          yeah i love hon, ive been playing it since closed beta and yeah kinda sucks that online gaming isnt something that is very prominent here in darwin
          but yeah i've registered interest in DGA and will more then likely attend with my mate, we're from melbourne and are just looking to establish SOMETHING down here, we used to run a LAN gaming cafe in melbourne before we moved here

Comment

Originally posted by Riceblock View Post
            yeah i love hon, ive been playing it since closed beta and yeah kinda sucks that online gaming isnt something that is very prominent here in darwin
            but yeah i've registered interest in DGA and will more then likely attend with my mate, we're from melbourne and are just looking to establish SOMETHING down here, we used to run a LAN gaming cafe in melbourne before we moved here
            Some of the engineers and IT guys play dota a fair bit in the engineer computer lab in the corner area of purple block during the weekends or after hours. Maybe check it out?

btw WHY did you come to DARWIN???

Comment

bad idea for a gamer i guess. i really do miss the LAN scene :s we had our gaming lounge setup with 40 computers running most games and we're used to staying up real late/all night on weekdays haha. came up to darwin for a change of pace and a new start in a new state plus the uni here has dorms where we are currently located.

Comment

Originally posted by Riceblock View Post
                bad idea for a gamer i guess. i really do miss the LAN scene :s we had our gaming lounge setup with 40 computers running most games and we're used to staying up real late/all night on weekdays haha. came up to darwin for a change of pace and a new start in a new state plus the uni here has dorms where we are currently located.
                What are you studying??
                Last edited by Joshuayu101; 17-07-11, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X