ozgamesshop.com, whats the go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ozgamesshop.com, whats the go?

So apparently i'm the last to know this is an awesome site.

I still have my concerns, mainly; how? How can they have a pre-order at $65 for a PS3 game (BF3), when they usually start at $95. Are these games the legit, Australian versions. I only care so that multi-player games point to aussie servers.

Anyway, as always your input is appreciated.

they arent based here so aren't slugged by our greedy-arsed fucking who[l|r]esalers

Comment

Do you know if they are Australian versions of the games? Mainly for the multiple aspect. I know the PS3 is region free but i think it still matters for what server it looks for.

Comment

never bought a game from them but would assume they're probably UK versions - others here will know though.

Comment

They are uk pal grey imports, they are cheaper because of the different currency values and the lack of our shitty taxes.
          Retailers have no choice but to charge the prices they charge here, as the australian distributor pricing is expensive -
          there is next to no margin in aussie games at all.
          Game servers have nothing to do with the disc, its the console settings that set that.

Comment

I bought Shogun 2: Limited Edition and Portal 2 off them a while ago. Didn't notice any difference in the packaging compared to the Australian versions and both keys registered on Steam normally. I placed my BF3 Limited Edition pre-order with them mid year as well, so hopefully that won't have any problems either.
            Last edited by Wally; 13-10-11, 11:15 PM.

Comment

I was thinking of getting BF3 and COD 8, they should still connect to aussie servers yeah?

Comment

yup - BF3 in particular definitely will. and the COD games have always been good with letting you do what you want network-wise.

Comment

Sweeeeet! Thanks.

Comment

Can't find that other thread about BF3, but I've ordered and actually got a refund for my BF3:LE preorder from Onlinekeystore.

Comment

Why did you need a refund? Did they drop the price recently?

Comment

Rec and Aegis are bad influences and made me buy it on origin to get early access.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                          yup - BF3 in particular definitely will. and the COD games have always been good with letting you do what you want network-wise.
                          Sorry I didn't specify. Will it work with the aussie server on PS3?

Comment

i really would be amazed if it didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritzo90 View Post
                              Sorry I didn't specify. Will it work with the aussie server on PS3?
                              as long as your PS3 can play the game its the region settings on your console that will dictate what servers you can connect to, not the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X