• Show
Clear All

• World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Announced today at Blizzardcon.

Tasty.

not sure if I like...

smells of swg

Comment

Smells of AoC if anything,siege warfare and destructible buildings. They did the same shit with vanguard announcing flying mounts. Surpised they didn't steal shit from Warhammer.

Comment

I don't whats with all this "they steal everything" shit the ideas have been around since the middle ages ffs it's not like its copyright.
        Last edited by HeReTiC; 04-08-07, 04:26 PM.

Comment

When you play more MMO's then just WoW you'll see that it's just a big patchwork job.

Comment

Sure. It couldnt possibly be because every MMO ever made is now compared to WOW.

Comment

...only because WoW has taken elements from other MMO's that worked and threw them in the same basket.

Comment

i reckon it looks awesome cant wait.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaDom View Post
                  ...only because WoW has taken elements from other MMO's that worked and threw them in the same basket.

if they all worked why is wow so much better? And why wouldnt other companies be doing just the same thing if it were that easy? Every game has stolen ideas from everywhere ffs, its not like anything is original anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by HeReTiC View Post
                    if they all worked why is wow so much better? And why wouldnt other companies be doing just the same thing if it were that easy? Every game has stolen ideas from everywhere ffs, its not like anything is original anymore.
                    Wow is so much better because it took the elements that worked. So rather than have a game of 1xWorking element and 9xNon working elements, you have one with 10xworking elements.

Exaggeration yeah but you get the idea.

Comment

wow has so many shit elements though. I don't know why it works... I think it's because it took over a market which didn't have any real competition. Now it's a household name. For example THE IPOD. There was heaps wrong with the IPOD (short battery life, scratched screens on the nano etc) yet for somehow it seems... Apple can do no wrong!!

I'd like to see how WOW fares when a worthy adversary appears.... warhammer!!! and everquest is not worthy.

Comment

More like Snorehammer amirite? Seriously all the games that "were the end of WoW" to date have taken the mechanics and elements the WoW devs specifically left out cause they are horrible and try to use them.

Comment

I don't think you can compare the IPod to wow, there were NO good mp3 players AT ALL when the ipod came out...there were and still are plenty of good mmo's out, they just don't come close to how much fun wow was/is.

If it was easy as "Omg lets just copy everyones ideas" 9 million people wouldnt subscribe to the game, and there would be 15 other software companies doing exactly the same thing.

It'll be like CS and slowly slowly die, WoTLK might give it an injection (See CS:S) but eventually it'll die down.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathlon View Post
                            More like Snorehammer amirite?
                            lol so wrong, oh wait you play on a carebear sever.
                            Last edited by Evil; 08-08-07, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Ill enjoy it, but bloody hell i ll just reach lvl 70 and it will come out just you watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X