Age of Conan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Conan

Anyone else waiting for Age of Conan? (it's an MMORPG)

Been following it for a while now, looks like it will be a really good game.

Probably one of the best insights to the game would be this dev diary. It is part 1 (335mb) and 2 (190mb)

ftp://ftp.funcom.com/media/Age_of_Co...iary3_720p.wmv
    ftp://ftp.funcom.com/media/Age_of_Co...Part2_720p.wmv

Comment

I've seen it, haven't watched any vids or anything mate, i will have a look!

have you seen Hellgate London? that looks pretty good, diablo 2 developers know their shit.

for those with shitty connections:

ftp://ftp.funcom.com/media/Age_of_Co...Diary3_web.wmv
      ftp://ftp.funcom.com/media/Age_of_Co..._Part2_web.wmv
      Last edited by HeReTiC; 20-10-07, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Just watched the vids, looks really spectacular, then again most games do now days, i like the idea around the combat system, i'm definately thinking about giving it a go, looks alot more finished and polished than WAR does. (I know i am in the WAR beta)

Comment

nice vids vorly - yeh I was keen just hearing it was in progress.. but that looks sexy. and considering they're just dev-vids, I can't wait to see this in beta/an even more polished state

Comment

I like the fact that the world, everything in it, is never the same. They haven't auto-generated anything. The rocks, the trees, etc are all placed by hand

It's currently in beta looking for a end of first quarter 08 release date i think. Will look around for a confirmed date later.

Comment

Get me into the beta vorly Don't be gamon and say you don't have any contacts!

Comment

i'm not even in the beta

Comment

That makes me a sad panda

Comment

I wonder if they will finally remove this go kill X amount of stupid mobs 1000 times with no difficulty or story whatsoever

Comment

8.2 How do quests work in the game?
                      We're trying to avoid having quests being all about tasks that just involve killing things or delivering items. While you will certainly find these in the game ? after all, they can be quite rewarding when you don't want to dive too deep into a quest line ? there are also several quests that really takes skill, strategy and planning to complete. Many quests are multi-layered and they require interacting with both characters and the environment in order to be completed. They also may include puzzle solving that may require one or several people to break. In addition many of the quests are presented in a very cinematic manner, where NPC?s with spoken dialogue will present the story of the world to you in a way you have not seen in MMOs so far.
                      Straight from the horses mouth.

Comment

They all promise it, but to date, none have delivered.

Comment

cant wait to give this a go now!

Comment

I've managed to scrounge up the latest release date for AoC.

March 25th 2008

Comment

Everything falls into one of a few categories:

Kill X bring back Y.
                              Kill X talk to Y.
                              Talk to X.
                              Deliver X to Y.

You are either killing something for someone, killing something to get someone something, delivering something or pasing a message along.

The only thing that can possibly change is why you are doing it. If you can name something else than by all means let me know but I cant think of any other scenarios.

Comment

Working...
                              X