Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy f*cking balls! IT'S GUILD WARS 2 MAEN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy f*cking balls! IT'S GUILD WARS 2 MAEN!

This shit just blew my mind. Easily the best looking online RPG EVAR! Skip to 2:05 if you're only interested in game engine footage.

PS. OMGSHBBQ!

Might look ok but bet it'll play like shit like the other one.

Comment

looks decent. also looks like a lot of running

Comment

Guild Wars played like shit? I beg to differ. I thought WoW was shit, and GW was great. Each to their own I guess.

Comment

The thing that killed Guildwars for me was the lack of a shared, open pve world.
          Guildwars was good in concept; but that whole instanced aspect of the world ruined all immersion for me.
          Last edited by Milenko; 21-08-09, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Nice. yeah take out that open world instancing and I'll play.

Comment

Guildwars prolly had the best pvp i've ever played for an RPG. The non-open world does hurt it a bit. But I just viewed it as a PvE world were you only play with mates with lots of kick ass PvP.

Comment

It's the instancing that keeps it subscription free.

Comment

How so?

Comment

you dont need to build and maintain amazing kick ass servers. Kinda odd that if Aion was released by Nsoft that there planing to release another mmorpg so soon?

Comment

Not really man - NCSoft have been running several MMO's concurrently for years.
                      None of them are as successful as WoW, for instance; but they all have their following.

Comment

they appeal to different people - different models too, those that want a fantasy MMO but dont want subscription charges will (to their mind) play dungeon runners or guildwars.

I imagine guildwars 2 will be the same instanced format so they can get away with the zero sub setup of the original. doing this will mean they can carry on with an F2P MMO, a Pay Once To Play MMO, and a sub MMO.

Comment

True that. I think Guild Wars was released at the same time as Auto-Assault; with L1/L2 and a couple others still running too.

Comment

Aion.

Comment

Doesn't Guild Wars 2 have an open world for its pve though?

Comment

Working...
                              X