Champions Online - 1st free expansion announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champions Online - 1st free expansion announced

geebus - the game literally came out a few hours ago and they already have media up for the first free expansion, Blood Moon, due out in October!
    Champions-Online Blood Moon

nice to see they're adding a new mode to PVP, i mean, zombies sell well in every other genre so why not here too?

a new powerset so soon is unbelievable too - the game already has a ridiculous amount of stuff to choose from and they're adding more?!

• Explore the new Celestial Powerset. Use the power of the Seraphim to heal and strengthen your allies, or release the fury of the Nephilim in a battle against evil.
    • Beware the Zombie Apocalypse rising in Canada! Battle against zombies in PVP, but no matter what, do not fall there. Should you die, you shall return as one of the undead horde, bound to fight in Takofanes? name.
    • Fight off ravenous werewolf packs, but be careful lest you get bitten and infected with their dark magic.
    • Stand against undead heroes who once fought in the Battle of Detroit, and do your best to free their souls from Takofanes? necromancy.
    • Challenge Takofanes to drive him from our land, but beware ? you must fight the dark sorcerers who serve him before you have any chance of facing the Undying Lord.

also, they have the character pages working now - here's me! http://www.champions-online.com/char...es/131658/view

wow.... that is fast... mind u now i have to get an account from somewhere to take a look at gameplay

Comment

Here is something that is related

Comment

rofl spirit!

and ratty, when they start allowing trial invites, i'll be handing em out

Comment

Hey Aegis, I'm thinking about picking up Champions Online tomorrow. Is there any specific server that I should be playing on? Heroes or Viliains?

Comment

nadda dom, it's all one server - zones are instanced (like the channels in aion)

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
              rofl spirit!

and ratty, when they start allowing trial invites, i'll be handing em out
              sweet... yeh definatly flick one my way

Comment

discovered last night i gimped my primary character pretty hard - selected the wrong characteristic focii for his primary stats :/

be careful of that dom, make a custom framework when you setup your character, because the preset stat layouts aren't right for the primary powersets :/ (granted you can retcon(respec) but the further back you go (i'd need to go to level one since it was the base stats i stuffed) the pricier it gets - waiting for the free retcon they've promised the headstarters (due to changes to some of the powersets made in that first week)).

that said, i setup a healer last night (David Cop-A-Heal) who can handle more damage than my tank! without healing himself! Force powerset with Intelligence and Presence as primary stats is awesome

also, this java app might help plan a character: championBuilder - The Champions Online Builder

i love how you can have a DPS ranged, healing, tank

oh and it looks like if you want to PvP, at this point, don't take melee attacks that don't have a close-the-gap type function built in - everyone's ranged in PvP.
                Last edited by Aegis; 09-09-09, 12:14 PM.

Comment

hmmm, looking at it, I'm leaning towards more of a gun-wielding champion though. Would loe to get a retail box but Steam may be the go If node are hosting the files.

Comment

im all clobbering/Tanking for me (HULK LIKE)

i like champions online but im still finding out the lvling areas

Comment

figured i'd just bung this vid in here - a supergroup have set themselves up as the powerrangers in champions:

classic

Comment

LOL

Comment

I've got 1 (possibly 2) trial keys left if anyone else wants a go at Champions

Ratty, PM sent with the 3rd key.

Comment

send another to ratty.

get marley to play it ratty. he'd love it.

Comment

Working...
                            X