• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Conan: Deleting your characters

Just got this in an email today:

Dear customer,

Thank you for playing Age of Conan.

As part of our maintenance your account is now flagged to have your characters below level 20 deleted as part of maintenance. Please re-activate your account now to ensure that your characters progress and names stay intact.

As a welcome back offer we would like to give you a time-limited offer for 7 days of additional play time if you choose to re-subscribe now. Please click this link to use this special offer!

We hope to see you back in the game preparing your characters for the new adventures that will soon be introduced in the expansion "Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer". Click here to read more about the expansion.

Here are just some of the some reasons why you should return to Age of Conan now:
    Caus I bet those characters are using gigs of space :/

they are .....

Comment

If they are using gigs of space for a few a characters they are doing it wrong.

Comment

This is the first MMO I've heard of that deletes characters from idle accounts? Is this regular practice with any others?

Comment

Well its normally done to control the population of the server and possibly to remove a significant amount of gold farmers because most are under the lvl cap of 20

Comment

We're talking about inactive accounts though Josh - and sub level 20's dont make much/any currency.

Comment

My wow account that I had stopped playing in 2006 I re-activated for Christmas this year. Character and Gear and pets were all still there.

Got the Conan message also. But was like - only got to level 6 so whatever .

Comment

Yeah it's no real biggy - i mean i got a character to 30; with a few others sub 20.
                I don't really care, it was more-so the fact that like rec, i haven't heard of other modern MMO companies threatening to delete characters on inactive accounts.

Comment

Well blizzard may eventually start deleting inactive accounts if the player numbers increase to such amounts where new users cant get decent player names

Comment

If they haven't done it by now (11 million accounts) I doubt they ever will man. Plus the names are only unique to each server

Comment

Originally posted by Milenko View Post
                      If they haven't done it by now (11 million accounts) I doubt they ever will man. Plus the names are only unique to each server
                      11 million is quite small when you look at it. Wow is split into like 3 main versions. the US, EU and Chinese

Comment

But isn't it the largest MMO in existence?

Comment

yeah, when i said 11million i meant in regards to the combination's you can get with player names. But the thing with blizzard is that they got so much money to spend on hardware, servers etc as appose to some other mmos. So culling names doubtful in the future

Comment

Working...
                          X