No announcement yet.

Warning: Star Trek Online Steam users!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: Star Trek Online Steam users!

Backup your STO steamapps folder before you attempt to load it, steam's currently fucked it up and is deleting and redownloading the entire client.

I had "automatically keep this game up to date" turned off in steam for STO, I went to run it and it started downloading and then froze and wouldn't unfreeze. When I restarted steam it was downloading the whole client from the beginning. Thanks for ing up my client steam.

Just a warning for you out there. Run the game directly from the EXE in the STO folder. Not through steam.

A tip for those of you who have been caught by this but still have a closed beta client installed, Close down steam and go to where your old closed beta client is installed. Copy everything in the folder and move it to your steam version of STO overwriting any files on the way, Then run the launcher (Star Trek Online.exe) manually, This should cut down on how much you have to download.

Bleeding edge.

Comment

bit late for me but that explains it.

Comment

glad i read this last night, thanks Jay.

Comment

mine just updated. But now it crashes more since the small 53mb patch the other day

Comment

here's a workaround for the steam issue: (Win 7) The solution to the steam problem! Easy and completely fixes it! - Star Trek Online Forums

ShadowExplorer.com - Downloads

2. In ShadowExplorer go to
            For 64-bit users C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
            For 32-bit users C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common

3. Right click on the folder titles star trek online and click export.

4. Export the star trek online folder to your desktop or wherever you want it.

5. Close Steam

6. For 64-bit users open C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
            For 32-bit users open C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common

7. Replace the star trek online folder that is already in there with the one you recovered using ShadowExplorer.

8. Run Star Trek Online with the shortcut Steam originally placed on your desktop, steam will launch Star Trek Online, it will then do a very small update that will only take a few seconds.

9. After that the Star Trek Online Launcher will open and install the 59mb patch.

10. That's it! You're good to go

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Post your results!!!

Comment

I let it download, then disabled auto update. All works dandy. As of Saturday arvo.

Comment

I found another way that works - you already have the key etc from the beta?

download the Beta client from internode or wherever
                Delete the installed steam data
                Install the beta client in another location.
                Run, and let it do its thing.

This has worked for me after downloading 3 times, and blowing my cap to oblivion...

Comment

mine just works, although on saturday it DID manage to download about 3-4gig worth.

Comment

Is there going to be a reformation of the GU fleet? if not ill jump in the OCAU one.

Comment

Bam Stroker would probably be the man to run it - I'll see if he's interested in doing so.

Comment

I think there's a bit of idling until official release.

Comment

I've been busy with work, but am playing when I can.

Comment

Working...
                          X