CO Paid Expansion Now Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO Paid Expansion Now Free

I know not many people here are playing Champions Online, but there are a fair few playing Star Trek Online who might not've realised just how tied together the two games are (just bring up the cmdlist in STO to see all the references to the sidekicking system in CO for an example and BOFF abilities referred to as Powers here and there). This close alignment should mean good things for both games, new technologies should be readily ported from one to the other without too much hassle - BUT this includes the bad things too.

Just after i shelled out for my copy of STO Cryptic announced an expansion pack called Vibora for Champions Online - "great!" I thought. Champions barely has enough content to get you to level 40 at the moment, and certainly not enough to stave off boredom if you're levelling a bunch of characters as they all have to follow the same arcs. Then i read on - Vibora was going to be a PAID expansion, due in March. I was horrified - if they were doing this with CO, then nothing would stop them trying the same shit with STO! As you can imagine, the community reacted with several hundred page threads and abuse throughout their social networking setups, but what's really amazing is they actually listened - this post was made today on the Champions site:

• Vibora Bay Becomes Revelation
      The expansion formerly known as Vibora Bay has a new, more descriptive name:
      We heard our community and we acted. will now be available to everyone at no extra charge. That is a free expansion pack for all Champions Online players.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	co_revelation_screen_020810_22.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	601972

So, nice to see we still get some wins now and then
Working...
X