APB shot dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic! APB shot dead

Remember that ambitious MMO project featuring cops 'n' robbers that flat-out refused to support Aussie gamers? Well, now you don't have to. 3 months since release and the plugs are being pulled on their servers (probably have been by the time you read this).

APB "plug to be pulled" within 24 hours MMO News - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

I find this bit interesting though:

The restructuring firm further released user data it said showed "healthy numbers" which "reflect positively on APB" as it sought a buyer for the online multiplayer action game.
    But it is understood that all negotiations failed to attract a committed investor.

APB is said to have 130,000 registered players, spending an average of $28 per month.
    To me that ($3.6mill US / month) seems a fair amount of income to go broke on?! Would love to see a breakdown of their hardware and staff costs.

28 bucks a month...wtf? Is that new purchases or a subscription?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

i'm assuming it's including the original purchase in the monthly fee figures, then avging that out over the 3 months. Don't THINK the game had a DLC store attached...

Comment

it's not including the original purchase I don't believe.

You bought points in this game. You could then use these points for game-time or for in-game currency on the AH.
        Like I sold a rocket launcher for like around dollars.

Comment

ahh okay, couldn't recall if they had micro transactions or not - that explains it a bit better then. still sad to see an MMO die so fast, even if they denied us the chance to play.

Comment

I cruised the Steam group forums for APB for ages.

No content, no hitboxes on player models and piss poor match making. Not to mention really confined instances.
            So not really surprised to see it closing down.

It's a shame tho. The game had so much promise.

Comment

Working...
            X