DC Universe Online - Aussies, don't buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Universe Online - Aussies, don't buy

I was curious about DC Universe Online. It looked like it could've been a decent game - but when I considered buying I saw their subscription pricing had Australians paying $5 more per month than American players. Sony Online Entertainment assured their angry Aussie forum members that this was 'being looked into' but I just found this thread on their forums stating that the bullshit markup is here to stay: Australian subscription fees are a joke. (billing related)

As far as the standard $19.99, our community team brought it to the finance team a while back, and the decision was made to keep the pricing as-is for the standard subscription plans.
    Say NO to Region Fucking and give this title a miss.

dang.. oh well hope this wont happen in future MMOG's

Comment

I say no to monthly subscription games full stop.

Comment

Me too.

Comment

congratulations! this thread isn't for you then.

Comment

You know what makes it worse Aegis, New Zealand pays $14.99.... its pissing me off hardcore, and ive logged multiple complaints and tickets, but apparently they wont release a legitimate reason for the price difference.

tickets get closed saying ask on the forums, and the forum threads get closed telling people to log tickets.
            Its total BS

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
              congratulations! this thread isn't for you then.
              lol.

Comment

on a good note at least Kotaku is keeping it in the spotlight this is the 3rd page regarding this issue since release.
                Aussies Are Still Paying More For DC Universe | Kotaku Australia

Comment

Ok so now it also looks like the sub rate fiasco gets a mention in the Sydney morning herald.
                  surely SOE cant hold out forever.

Review: DC Universe Online

The problem lies in that DC Online costs more to play in Australia than in America, regardless of the fact that users are playing in the exact same servers. With the Australian economy the way it is, the added $5 Australians pay compared to American users seems greedy, though Sony has claimed to be investigating this problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X