No announcement yet.

RANT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And had you googled ignorance like I suggested in the last thread you would see that it applies to you in this situation. Once again this is where I end my argument as it can only be fun for so long.

Comment

You refused to give me reason, and suggested she should just be labelled based on limited information, so I did.

If you asked practically anyone else "would you think someone is racist if they put out an advertisement for a nanny of specific race" the answer would be yes.

And in almost every instance, they would be - as there's extremely few reasons why a nanny would have to have to be any particular race.

Comment

Few reasons to have to be but a malaysian family would likely prefer a malaysian nanny if that language is often spoken at home. Again for PC purposes they should have put preferably can SPEAK malaysian rather than the ethnicity itself

Comment

Of course, and yes, exactly. If your reasons are legitimate, there's no reason not to stipulate them.

Comment

another thing you need to realize is that even if they have requested "preferably Malaysian" in the add, and they have legitimate reasons for it,

1. i don't see why people need to justify themselves to strangers
            2. if the family was Malaysian they woulndn't see that as being racist, that may just their understanding of the English language
            and 3. there may not have been enough add space to specify that "this comment is not meant to be perceived as racist we would like a Malaysian nanny as we speak that language at home".

isn't that what interviews are for?

rec your comments are further proving what is wrong with the world, you automatically see the non existent racism in a comment that very well may be 100% harmless and have legitimate reasoning, without having all the info to make the correct assessment.

Comment

Comment

Pure win right there... Love it.

Comment

That's mean but then stereotyping happens everyday...thing is people should realize that we all are alike no matter what color, race or religion we belong. Sad thing is in todays world everybody saying this is generally considered to be on the major part a nut case. Hmm sad but true..

Comment

the REALLY sad thing is that the people who're against it are actually all bots.

Comment

Working...
                    X