• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

192 Games for me

Comment

pfft - lightweights

Comment

back to the point tho, i think i get free DL from node for these games so if your interested in working something out let me know.

Comment

Hey aren't you with Bigpond dude? I assume you are considering how rural you are. Don't you get Steam games unmetered? Or is it a speed thing? I'm pretty sure Telstra and Node are the big two that offer you Steam games unmetered. Might not because you're wireless though...

*shrugs*

Comment

I thought bigpond only did unmetered for gamearena servers, while node does unmetered for all australian steam servers. Rapidly becoming irrelevant as a) everyone else offers massive download caps, and b) shit is not available on australian steam servers.

Additionally, shit be whack lately if you're using frey's, makes steam very unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
              I thought bigpond only did unmetered for gamearena servers, while node does unmetered for all australian steam servers. Rapidly becoming irrelevant as a) everyone else offers massive download caps, and b) shit is not available on australian steam servers.

Additionally, shit be whack lately if you're using frey's, makes steam very unhappy.

Up to clients to force steam to download content from ip addresses that their isp deem unmetered.

For bigpond wireless, their policy is that they dont consider gamearena servers unmetered. But this policy may have changed since i looked at it.

Freys steam filter is hit and miss. I tend to use steamwatch and update the list with current listings of unmetered content servers

Also as Harb pointed out, alot of the steam games in the catelog arent hosted on local servers and we are forced to download from overseas. I think their was an page on ausgamers that allowed you to search games by their app id to see if they were hosted in aus.
              Last edited by Joshuayu101; 31-01-11, 11:42 AM.

Comment

shit be whack!

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                  I thought bigpond only did unmetered for gamearena servers, while node does unmetered for all australian steam servers.
                  That's correct, afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                    That's correct, afaik.
                    wait what? really?

what about the 3FL content servers? My usage metered counted that when i used 3fl servers to download

Edit: Just took a look on the node site. Holy crap, when did they do this. Thats awesome

Comment

sometime around forever ago ;P

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                        sometime around forever ago ;P
                        Sometime in the 20th century?

Comment

It has been like that as long as I remember it. And the last time I remember telling someone about it was 2007.

Comment

Node rules. ANY Australian steam server is quota free.

I can help with Far Cry 2, Grid, Half Life 2, HL2 ep 1, HL2 ep 2, HL Source, Portal.

Comment

TPG rules - I have no quota.

Comment

Originally posted by ResLo View Post
                                Node rules. ANY Australian steam server is quota free.

I can help with Far Cry 2, Grid, Half Life 2, HL2 ep 1, HL2 ep 2, HL Source, Portal.
                                That would be certainly of great assistance. You let me know how you want to do it and I will probably agree. If I was to provide cash(chq, mo, direct deposit(I wouldn't give me my own bank account details so that's probably out)) then you could send me the media backups on it that would be great. Of course, you have to add a bit on top for yourself for 'entertainment purposes'. Being a wrinkly old bastard I thought it might be safer all round if I just provide some cash incentive and you can locate your own entertainment(i will be there in spirit but if in person could end up with one of those labels modern society puts on people who don't fit the norm(BTW FTN)). If you need me to prove I actually own these games I am not sure how to do that but there must be some way that is mutually acceptable(even if its a screenshot taken within seconds of a post with steam client in fg and post in bg).
                                Just noticed you are in Adelaide and as I currently have to attend the city three times a week we could organise something probably.
                                If you have ever heard of the strange old guy often seen driving with a live chicken riding on his dashboard that's me. On a poultry related note, I went through the McDonalds drive thru a while ago with my chicken riding on the dashboard and the girl serving asked me "What sort of bird is that?" - You have got to love modern education.
                                Last edited by UninfrmedLuddit; 31-01-11, 01:09 PM. Reason: Small changes so as to not look like a dickhead

Comment

Working...
                                X