No announcement yet.

Commbank are waiving bank fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They would have close to that 4000 as NAB are partnered with RediATM and so NAB users do not get charged to use them.
    From NAB I know that there is an App so you can locate the nearest NAB & Redi ATM ... I'm not sure about CommBank.
    And online banking works just fine. I'm not sure how you can say one is awesome if they both already do everything. Unless you can tell me what CommBank Online does better / more than NAB does?

Back to the first point about fee's ... NAB wins!

Comment

Originally posted by Chycophy View Post
      They would have close to that 4000 as NAB are partnered with RediATM and so NAB users do not get charged to use them.
      Take this with a grain of salt as it's from the CommBank website, buttt... "The Commonwealth Bank has more than 4,000 ATMs ... over 1,000 more than any other bank in Australia." (Read: bank, not credit union or other financial institution.)
      From NAB I know that there is an App so you can locate the nearest NAB & Redi ATM ... I'm not sure about CommBank.
      Yeah, their apps have ATM/branch locators, currency converters and other shiz. They just launched this 'Kaching' app that you can apparently use to transfer funds using via email, mobile number or Facebook. You can also use it to pay for purchases with your iPhone instead of using cards/cash, but it requires a special iPhone attachment that costs like $50 Still, Commonwealth always seem to be the first bank to try these sorts of things, and I like them for their innovation in this area.

And online banking works just fine. I'm not sure how you can say one is awesome if they both already do everything. Unless you can tell me what CommBank Online does better / more than NAB does?
      While I haven't had an opportunity to use NAB's online banking yet, other online banking systems I have used are almost archaic compared to NetBank. Very basic and sometimes annoying to use.

Comment

facebook? srsly? automatic lose due to security then - commbank goes to bottom of pile.

Comment

Yeh. That's the only reason I'm with commonwealth. That there netbank and commsec websites are painless and have lots of useful tools.

As for Facebook and banking, well... That's up to the user, and I with Aegis, a tad retarded, how many security flaws does Facebook have compared to the commonwealth bank website. Sometime websites can be overly integrated...

Comment

to be honest, even with the fees and lack of ATMs - i probably won't ever change from commonwealth.

their online banking is second to none, their ATMs are the best (if rare), and on the few occasions i've had to use their customer service it's been completely painless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mungus View Post
              even with the fees and lack of ATMs
              Um. I thought I just finished explaining how they have a shit tonne of ATMs and no fees (for a lot of people) O_o You could always ring them anyway... the woman I spoke to needed no convincing and if you play the 'lifetime customer' card I don't imagine it'd be too hard to swing an exemption.

Comment

Ok so you need to lie to the Commbank to get a no fee account but anyone can go to NAB and get a no fee account ... go figure?!

Comment

I thought banks were universally reviled, and that people accepted that they are all utter bastards.

But no, Bank fanboys.

Comment

Originally posted by Chycophy View Post
                    Ok so you need to lie to the Commbank to get a no fee account but anyone can go to NAB and get a no fee account ... go figure?!
                    Who said you need to lie? "the woman I spoke to needed no convincing" = tell the truth and they will probably give you an exemption anyway.

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                    I thought banks were universally reviled, and that people accepted that they are all utter bastards.
                    Well, unless you're gonna make like a drug dealer and have wads of cash stashed around the place, they are a necessary evil. Credit unions make sense, if you don't mind a very limited number of ATMs, poorer service and crappy online banking.

Comment

Originally posted by Brookie23 View Post
                      Well, unless you're gonna make like a drug dealer and have wads of cash stashed around the place, they are a necessary evil. Credit unions make sense, if you don't mind a very limited number of ATMs, poorer service and crappy online banking.
                      fair leap from necessary evil to ZOMGt3hAWESOMZ tho

Comment

Yeah well. Thinking CommBank is the better option and regarding them as ZOMGt3hAWESOMZ are not the same thing.

Comment

I've had my account since like, preschool, so it was converted from Streamline to Smart Access. I was still charged fees though :/
                          Problem with the system, if you were not meant to have been charged then if contact the bank they'll refund the fees taken.

Comment

Yeah well. Thinking CommBank is the better option and regarding them as ZOMGt3hAWESOMZ are not the same thing.
                            but you're not thinking it! you're proclaiming it to the world - like a fanboi - hence the zomg statement ;P

Comment

Um. I thought I just finished explaining how they have a shit tonne of ATMs and no fees (for a lot of people) O_o You could always ring them anyway... the woman I spoke to needed no convincing and if you play the 'lifetime customer' card I don't imagine it'd be too hard to swing an exemption.
                              i know what you said. perhaps the point i was trying to make was more this: commonwealth bank does not have as good a fee system as NAB, and not as many ATMs in darwin as other banks. it is the OTHER things they do better that keeps me as a customer.

as for the appealing for a fee exemption - yeah i may do that.

Comment

fuck australian banks.

I switched to HSBC recently, soon enough the Chinese will have all the money so ill be glad to be with them and they'd have more ATM's around the world than all of the other aussie banks combined

Comment

Working...
                                X