No announcement yet.

NextGen Wins NBN Backhaul Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telstra couldn't possibly be holding stuff up! It's unthinkable!

Comment

Just to let you all know it isn't just Telstra holding this up.

It is mainly the NBN as they don't know what the hell they are doing, and don't know what they want.

We all know that the infrastructure access is still being negotiated and needs to be approved by the shareholders.

"The reason that we are holding off until we have completed those is really that it makes it cheaper, it makes it faster and it makes it less disruptive to use the existing infrastructure."
      As you can see here they just want to do it on the cheap.

Comment

I dunno, i'm all for less disruptive too. looking at the goddamned water pipes they're *still* trying to lay into the ground outside my office - 2 months and counting on what was meant to be a 2 week job. I want my friggin carpark back!

Comment

Originally posted by RakeR View Post
          Just to let you all know it isn't just Telstra holding this up.

It is mainly the NBN as they don't know what the hell they are doing, and don't know what they want.

We all know that the infrastructure access is still being negotiated and needs to be approved by the shareholders.

RakeR is right, Darwin hasn't even gone out to tender yet... Registrations of interest to tender are still being submitted, we haven't even seen a tender document yet. I just took a call this arvo from NBN Co asking us to submit our interest, we did this days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsy View Post
            RakeR is right, Darwin hasn't even gone out to tender yet... Registrations of interest to tender are still being submitted, we haven't even seen a tender document yet. I just took a call this arvo from NBN Co asking us to submit our interest, we did this days ago.
            Nice to know our telecommunications future is in good hands

Comment

I hope at least the trenches they have opened up outside my house wont stay in limbo for months

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                Nice to know our telecommunications future is in good hands
                BAHAHAHAHAHHA...

Comment

its a little late they should have done it earlier, nightcliff and rapid creek are pretty much done - they will have to open everything up again. not to mention other suburbs are already on underground power like tiwi etc and have been for years.

Comment

fibre is non conductive, you're allowed to put it in the pipe with the lectric. Same deal they're looking to make with telstra.

Comment

Depending on how long ago they ran the underground cable they most likely have conduit system laid so with the agreement it's just a matter of getting to the ducts and running cable through them

Originally posted by mepm View Post
                      its a little late they should have done it earlier, nightcliff and rapid creek are pretty much done - they will have to open everything up again. not to mention other suburbs are already on underground power like tiwi etc and have been for years.

Comment

Top End races toward NBN connection - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The Federal Government has confirmed that Casuarina in Darwin will become the second suburb on the Australian mainland to be connected to the National Broadband Network (NBN).
                        I wonder if that'll include Leanyer.

Comment

Well according to that map Casuarina includes all of Darwin.
                          I'm just hoping for our building in stuart park to get down.
                          As soon as that happens I will be dumping telstra for everything but mobile phones.

Comment

Originally posted by morge View Post
                            Well according to that map Casuarina includes all of Darwin.
                            I'm just hoping for our building in stuart park to get down.
                            As soon as that happens I will be dumping telstra for everything but mobile phones.
                            I assumed it would be properties connected to the Cas exchange that would be in the roll out. I still got a open telstra pit outside my house in karama with blue cables sticking out of it still FML.

Comment

Working...
                            X